To support the growth of the new Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 initiatives, industrial designers are leveraging Ethernet-based industrial networking protocols such as EtherCAT®, PROFINET® and Ethernet/IP™ to enable real-time connectivity in the factory floor, resulting in improved operational efficiencies and reduced costs.
The challenge is selecting a cost-effective platform that supports the leading protocols, while implementing technologies to improve management of complex real-time operations.
The R-IN32M3 Series of multi protocol communication LSIs realizing high-speed real-time response and low power consumption, for which demand is increasing in industrial Ethernet communications, have the following two major features.
1. Integrated real-time OS accelerator (HW-RTOS) and Ethernet accelerator
One of the most distinctive features of the R-IN32M3 is the high-speed operation with the basic function of the real-time OS in hardware to implement high-speed real-time response and high-precision communication control for industrial Ethernet communication. Because the hardware in the new R-IN32M3 Series covers heavy load operations for the CPU, the combination of the CPU and HW-RTOS result in ultra-high-speed real-time responsiveness five to ten times that of a conventional software real-time OS. In addition, the fluctuation caused by inconsistencies in the operation time with conventional CPU processing is reduced substantially from one-fifth to one-tenth of the previous level.
2. Multi-protocol support (CC-Link IE, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, etc.)
The R-IN32M3 Series supports various industrial Ethernet protocols, including CC-Link IE Field and EtherCAT, and conventional open network protocols.
- Ethernet protocols:CC-Link IE Field1, EtherCAT2, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET (RT), Modbus TCP, and FL-net (TBD)
- Open network protocols:CC-Link, CANopen, DeviceNet, Modbus RTU/ASCII
- Supported by R-IN32M3-CL only.
- Supported by R-IN32M3-EC only.
|R-IN32M3-CL||UPD60510BF1-HN4-M1-A||Supports CC-Link IE Field (intelligent device station)
Built-in MII/GMII interface
|R-IN32M3-EC||MC-10287BF1-HN4-M1-A||Supports EtherCAT Slave
Two built-in EtherPHY ports
※Information of the old product is here.
Product Block Diagram:
The R-IN32M3 Series is suitable for use in the communication unit of slave devices in field networks and motion networks
Target products: PLC, remote IO, CNC, AC drive (inverter), robot, servo drive, servo motor
- Arm and Cortex are trademarks and registered trademarks of Arm Limited.
- Ethernet is a registered trademark of Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd. in Japan.
- IEEE is a registered trademark of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
- EtherCAT is a registered trademark of Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany.
- CC-Link and CC-Link IE Field are registered trademarks of the CC-Link Partner Association (CLPA).
- Other names of products or services mentioned in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|