Various Contracts to Satisfy Your Requirements
For real-time OS products, a software licensing agreement must be entered upon purchase of a mass-production license. However, since shrink wrap agreements are used for evaluation licenses, unsealing the product indicates your agreement to the terms of the license, and a formal software licensing agreement is not required. Agreement types and distribution are as described below.
For agreement details, contact your nearest sales office or representative.
OS Agreement Details
|Agreement Type||Mass-production License||Evaluation License|
|With Source Code||No Source Code||No Source Code (Shrink Wrap Agreement)|
|Product Deliverables||OS Source Code||Yes||No||No|
|OS Object Code||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sample Source Code||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|License Grant||Right for Internal Use||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Right to Reproduce||Yes (Unlimited)||Yes (Unlimited or 3,000) (Note1)||Yes (Internal use only, unlimited copies)|
|Right to Modify Program||Yes||No||No|
|Host Machine Limitation||Unlimited||Unlimited||Limited number of hosts (1 or Unlimited) (Note2)|
Explanation of terms:
Yes: Included in the license. No: NOT included in the license.
- For "right to reproduce" of the MR8C/4 mass-production license (no source code) , only "Unlimited" can be chosen.
- For "host machine limitation" of the MR8C/4 evaluation license, only "1" can be chosen.
- License grants are valid until the Licensee informs Renesas of the relinquishment of rights. All licenses are for use only, and do not grant property rights.
Explanation of Terminology Used in the OS Agreement
|Mass-production License||This license permits the Licensee to market or sell a product which incorporates the real-time OS. The mass-production license also permits prototype development. Separate purchase of an evaluation license is not necessary for development.|
|Evaluation License||This license permits the Licensee to install the software on up to a designated number of host machines, and use in prototype development. There is no limit to the number of prototypes with built-in real-time OS which may be developed; however, the license is restricted to application in prototype development only.|
|Right for Internal Use||The Licensee can use the real-time OS object code internally (within the Licensee's department, etc.) on supported MCUs. This right assumes that the real-time OS is used only in a prototype system for development.|
|Right to Reproduce||The Licensee can use the real-time OS object code on multiple devices. For the mass-production license, the maximum number of reproductions must be entered in the agreement. The Licensee can choose to set the number of reproductions as either unlimited or 3000 (agreements which include source code must be unlimited). The price varies according to the number of reproductions.|
|Host Machine Limitation||The real-time OS is provided on media such as a CD. The Evaluation License limits the number of host machines on which the contents of this media may be installed (choice between 1 or Unlimited).|
|Application Limitation||For the mass-production license, the basic name of the Licensee's application (or project) must be written in the agreement. (For example, ink-jet printer, color copy machine for professional use, economy car navigation system, etc.) Changing to another project requires a new agreement.|
|Device Limitation||The MCU type on which the OS is to be incorporated must be written in the agreement. A new agreement is required if the target MCU changes.|
|Product Type||Part Number|
|RI850MP (Discontinued product)||R0R085E2MCW01w|
|HI7700/4 (Discontinued product)||R0R40770TRW02w|
|HI7750/4 (Discontinued product)||R0R40775TRW02w|
|RI600/4 (Discontinued product)||R0R5RX00TRW01w|
|RI600/PX (Discontinued product)||R0R5RX00PRW01w|
|MR8C/4 (Discontinued product)||R0R52100TRW01wE|
|M3T-MR308/4 (Discontinued product)||R0R30800TRW02wE (Note1)|
- M3T-MR308/4 with this part number does not support DVP-M2(S) nor DVP-C3. If you need an M3T-MR308/4 which supports DVP-M2(S) or DVP-C3, please contact your nearest Renesas Electronics sales office or distributor.
- The lower-case 'w' in the part number denotes the type of license. Replace with the numeral or letter from the following table according to the type of license you want. Note that the letter to be replaced will vary depending on the real-time OS product.
Replacement Letters for the RI850V4 V2 and the RI78V4 V2
|ERR||Evaluation license, installable on one host computer.|
|ERRLU||Evaluation license, no limit on number of host computers for installation.|
|RRRUL||Mass-production license, allowing embedding in up to 3,000 devices, without the source code.|
|RRRUU||Mass-production license, unlimited embedding, without the source code.|
|SRRUU||Mass-production license, unlimited embedding, with the source code.|
Replacement Letters for the Other Real-Time OS products
|1||Evaluation license, installable on one host computer.|
|A||Evaluation license, no limit on number of host computers for installation.|
|K||Mass-production license, allowing embedding in up to 3,000 devices, without the source code.|
|U||Mass-production license, unlimited embedding, without the source code.|
|Z||Mass-production license, unlimited embedding, with the source code.|
- Applicable for the following Real-time OSes:
- HI7750/4, HI7700/4, HI7000/4, RI850V4 V1, RI850MP, RI600V4, RI600/4, RI600PX, RI600/PX, RI78V4,MR8C/4,M3T-MR100/4, M3T-MR308/4, M3T-MR30/4, HI1000/4
- In mass-production license for RI78V4 for manufacturing the unlimited number of products with the source code closed, the Part Number is R0R07800TCW01U.