The Renesas Flexible Software Package (FSP) is an enhanced software package designed to provide easy-to-use, scalable, high-quality software for embedded system designs using Renesas RA family of Arm Microcontrollers. With the support of new Arm® TrustZone® and other advanced security features, FSP provides a quick and versatile way to build secure, connected IoT devices using production ready drivers, FreeRTOS™, and other middleware stacks.
FSP includes best-in-class HAL drivers with high performance and low memory footprint. Middleware stacks with FreeRTOS integration are included to ease implementation of complex modules like communication and security. The e² studio IDE provides support with intuitive configurators and intelligent code generation to make programming and debugging easier and faster.
FSP uses an open software ecosystem and provides flexibility in using bare-metal programming, included FreeRTOS, your preferred RTOS, legacy code, and third-party ecosystem solutions.
- Small memory footprint HAL drivers
- Intuitive configurator and code generator
- Static and dynamic analysis using industry standard tools
- Application support using RTOS and non-RTOS environments
- FreeRTOS support - latest version integrated with Flexible Software Package
- Tool configurable RTOS resources (Threads, mutexes, etc.)
- Middleware stacks from Renesas and third parties.
- TCP/IP and other connectivity protocol stacks including MQTT
- USB middleware support for CDC, HID, and MSC
- Wireless connectivity through Wi-Fi and BLE 5.0
- File System support with FreeRTOS+FAT and LittleFS
- Storage (Block Media) support for SDMMC and USB.
- Virtual EEPROM on Flash
- Capacitive touch middleware to implement widgets like Button, Slider and Wheels.
- Motor control algorithms
- TrustZone support (for applications on CM33 based MCUs)
- TrustZone enabled drivers and middleware
- Easy to use tool support for TrustZone configuration
- PSA Level 2 compliant (*certification in progress)
- Easy connectivity options to major cloud providers
- Secure connections through Mbed TLS 3.0
- Arm PSA Cryptographic APIs and integrated Hardware Acceleration support
- Graphics interface tools using Segger emWin (RA customers can use Segger emWin graphic tools and libraries for free from Downloads below)
- Secure debugging capabilities
- Extensive tool support from Renesas and leading third-party solutions
- Integrated package with all required components for easy setup and starting development (single installer with e2 studio, CMSIS packs, tool chain and Segger J-Link drivers)
- Complete source code available through GitHub