Renesas offers a maintenance service for a specific compiler version so that you are able to use the compiler over the long term with a sense of ease. This service has a charge.
Our customers accumulate the software they develop for their various projects over long spans of time. You might be using a specific version of one of our compilers for a considerable time. On the other hand, we sometimes need to upgrade the versions of our compilers as we make improvements. If you continue to use a previous version of a compiler, even if we find a fault, all we can do is provide you with information on how to work around the fault.
Under these contracts, we provide you with the following services so that you can feel comfortable about using a given version of our compiler over the long term.
- Establishing a dedicated e-mail address for the customer; This provides the customer with timely resolutions to problems due to faults in the specified version.
- Support in the form of determining whether or not faults in the compiler will affect the customer's programs
- Fixing faults in the specified version
Please contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor for details of this service.
Details of this service
We have newly added the following services to the existing general support (Note1) for reliable long-term use of your compiler with a specific version.
- E-mail technical support service—shortens development times
- Our e-mail technical support service will immediately help you to resolve problems which arise from the compilers with versions for which you have entered into a support agreement. This support will help you to shorten development times.
- Fault checking—minimizes instances of unexpected man-hours for development
- When a fault in a compiler is revealed, we will provide information for visually checking your programs and software (a checking tool) to check your programs to see if the faults affect them. Quickly checking if the fault leads to a problem at your end will help reduce instances of unexpected man-hours for development to a minimum.
- Fault-corrected compilers—minimize the need to re-evaluate your program
- For versions of compilers for which you have entered into an agreement, we will provide you with a compiler in which those faults you designate are rectified. You can resolve a fault and thus eliminate its effects on your output code, and proceed with development requiring a minimum of re-evaluation of your program.
- The support services that are provided free of charge to customers who have purchased our compiler products.
- Customer support
- Distribution of Tool News
- Rectifying faults and adding functions in new revisions (only for the latest versions)
[Term of the Agreement]
The effective term of the agreement is one year from the day of the agreement. The term can be automatically extended for up to 5 years from that day.
[Details of the Agreement]
We have three types of agreement, each providing a different range of services.
|Details of the services||E-mail technical support|
|Prompt reporting of conditions under which faults occur and workarounds|
|Checking tool||— (Note1)|
Available | — Not Available
- Under the basic agreement, we will still inform you of the method for visually checking if the fault affects your programs. You can also purchase the checking tool if you need it.
The following compilers and versions are targets of the maintenance services.
In applying to receive this service, you need to specify the compiler and the version, including the revision number.
Note that the IDEs (CS+, High-performance Embedded Workshop, PM+ or another) which are contained in packages are not supported under these agreements.
|Package name||Supported devices||Compiler||Supported versions|
|C/C++ Compiler Package for R8C and M16C Families||R8C, M16C||NC30||Ver.5.30.01 or later|
|C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family||SuperH||SHC||Ver.9.00.03 or later|
|C Compiler Package for RL78 and 78K Families||RL78, 78K0R||CA78K0R||Ver.1.01 or later|
|C Compiler Package for V850 Family||V850E2||CX||Ver.1.20 or later|
|C Compiler Package for RH850 Family||RH850||CC-RH||Ver.1.00.01 or later|
|C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family||RX||CC-RX||Ver.2.00.00 or later|
|C Compiler Package for RL78 Family||RL78||CC-RL||Ver.1.01.00 or later|
Contact your local Renesas Electronics marketing office or distributor regarding maintenance services for compilers other than those listed above.
Examples of the Terms of Agreements (Information for Reference)
Consider the length of your development phase when entering into a maintenance agreement. The following examples show the initial period and terms of agreements.
[The Initial Period and Terms of Agreements]
Example 1: A case where the specified version is only used in development
Example 2: A case where the specified version is used in on-going mass-production or maintenance, after the base of development has been completed
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|