The EK-RA6M3G evaluation kit enables users to seamlessly evaluate the features of the RA6M3 MCU Group and develop embedded systems applications using Renesas' Flexible Software Package (FSP) and e2 studio IDE. You can utilize rich on-board features along with your choice of popular ecosystem add-ons to bring your big ideas to life.
The EK-RA6M3G kit consists of two boards: the EK-RA6M3 board featuring the RA6M3 MCU with on-chip graphics LCD controller and the graphics expansion board featuring a 4.3-inch TFT color LCD with capacitive touch overlay.
Running the Quick Start Example Project
- The EK-RA6M3G comes pre-programmed with Quick Start example project (Provided with the example projects bundle).
- Connect the graphics expansion board to the graphics expansion port (J1) on the EK-RA6M3 board.
- Power up the EK-RA6M3G board through the debug USB port (J10) using the micro USB device cable connected to a 5V power source. The white power LED will light up.
- The Quick Start example project will begin to execute showing graphics elements on the screen.
- Refer to the EK-RA6M3G – Quick Start Guide (PDF) to explore additional functionality of the Quick Start example project.
Developing Embedded Applications
- Start with one of the many other example projects (Provided in the example projects bundle) – Choose from many example projects to learn about different peripherals for the RA6M3 MCU Group. These example projects can serve as excellent starting points for you to develop your custom applications.
Building Custom Hardware
- Start by building a functional prototype - Utilize the EK-RA6M3 and graphics expansion boards with your choice of hundreds of popular ecosystem add-ons.
- Build custom hardware – Develop custom hardware by referring to the design and manufacturing information provided in the EK-RA6M3Gv1 - Design Package (ZIP | English, 日本語)
The EK-RA6M3G kit meets the following certifications/standards. Refer to the EK-RA6M3G kit’s user manual for the disclaimer, precautions and more details on the certifications.
- FCC Notice (Class A) – Part 15
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada ICES-003 Compliance: CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A)
- CE Class A (EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC)
- Taiwan Chinese National Standard 13438, C6357 compliance, Class A limits
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 32:2015, Class A
Material Selection, Waste, Recycling, and Disposal Standards
- EU RoHS
- China SJ/T 113642014, 10-year environmental protection use period
- UL 94V-0
Related Software & Tools
- Kit Contents: EK-RA6M3 board, Graphics expansion board, Micro USB device cable (type-A male to micro-B male), Micro USB host cable (type-A male to micro-B male), Ethernet patch cable
- Special Feature Access
- Ethernet (RMII and PHY)
- USB High Speed host and device
- 32MB External QSPI Flash
- MCU Native Pin Access
- R7FA6M3AH3CFC MCU
- 120MHz, Arm Cortex®-M4 core
- 2MB Code Flash, 640kB SRAM
- 176 pins, LQFP package
- Native pin access through 4x 40-pin male headers
- MCU and USB current measurement points
- Ecosystem & System Control Access
- USB Full Speed host and device
- Multiple 5V input sources
- USB (Debug, Full Speed, High Speed)
- External power supply
- Debug modes
- Debug on-board (SWD)
- Debug In (ETM, SWD and JTAG)
- Debug Out (SWD)
- User LEDs and buttons
- Three user LEDs (red, blue, green)
- Power LED (white) indicating availability of regulated power
- Debug LED (yellow) indicating the debug connection
- Two User buttons
- One Reset button
- Four most popular ecosystems expansions
- MCU boot configuration jumper
- Graphics Expansion Board
- 4.3-inch TFT color LCD
- 480 x 272 resolution
- Capacitive touch overlay with controller
- Back light controller
- SeggerTM emWin Embedded GUI Library
- Enables the creation of stunning graphics
- Powerful and easy to use API
- Uses ANSI C/C++ development environment