The EK-RA6M2 evaluation kit enables users to effortlessly evaluate the features of the RA6M2 MCU Group and develop embedded systems applications using the Flexible Software Package (FSP) and various IDEs.
Running the Quick Start Example Project
- The EK-RA6M2 board comes pre-programmed with a Quick Start example project (Provided with the example projects bundle).
- Power up the EK-RA6M2 board through the USB debug port (J11) using the micro USB device cable connected to a 5V power source. The green power LED will light up.
- The Quick Start example project will begin to execute blinking the red user LED.
- Refer to the EK-RA6M2 – Quick Start Guide (PDF) to explore additional functionality of the Quick Start example project.
Developing Embedded Applications
- Modifying the Quick Start example project – Refer to the EK-RA6M2 Quick Start Guide for instructions on importing, modifying and building the Quick Start example project.
- Start with one of the many other example projects (Provided in the example projects bundle) – Choose from many example projects to learn about different peripherals of the RA6M2 MCU Group. These example projects can serve as excellent starting points for you to develop your custom applications.
Building Custom Hardware
- Start by building a functional prototype - Utilize the EK-RA6M2 board with your choice of ecosystem add-ons.
- Build custom hardware – Develop custom hardware by referring to the design and manufacturing information provided in the EK-RA6M2v1 - Design Package (ZIP | English, 日本語)
The EK-RA6M2 kit meets the following certifications/standards. Please refer to the EK-RA6M2 user manual for the disclaimer, precautions and more details on the certifications.
- FCC Notice (Class A) – Part 15
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada ICES-003 Compliance: CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A)
- CE Class A (EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC)
- Taiwan Chinese National Standard 13438, C6357 compliance, Class A limits
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 32:2015, Class A
Material Selection, Waste, Recycling, and Disposal Standards
- EU RoHS
- China SJ/T 113642014, 10-year environmental protection use period
- UL 94V-0
- Kit Contents: EK-RA6M2 board, Micro USB device cable (type-A male to micro-B male)
- MCU Native Pin Access
- R7FA6M2AF3CFB MCU
- 120MHz, Arm Cortex®-M4 core
- 1MB Code Flash, 384kB SRAM
- 144 pins, LQFP package
- Native pin access through 4x 40-pin male headers
- MCU current measurement points
- Ecosystem & System Control Access
- USB Full Speed device
- 5V input through USB debug
- Debug on-board (Segger J-Link®)
- Debug in (SWD and JTAG)
- Two Digilent PmodTM (SPI and UART)
- User LED
- Mechanical user button
- Capacitive user button
- MCU boot configuration jumper