R-Car V3H delivers best-in-class TOPS/Watt for cutting-edge computer vision, supports the latest NCAP 2020 requirements, including driver monitoring systems, and provides a migration path toward NCAP 2025.
High Performance Deep Learning
Building on the state-of-the-art recognition technology introduced with the R-Car V3H in February 2018, which includes integrated IP for convolutional neural networks (CNN), the updated R-Car V3H delivers 4 times the performance for CNN processing compared to the earlier version and is achieving up to overall 7.2 TOPS processing including all Computer Visions IPs– while maintaining low power consumption levels.
Cuting-edge FuSa Support
The highly integrated SoC supporting up to ASIL C Metrics safety goals on realtime domain is reducing the need for an external safety microcontroller to manage sensor fusion and final decision actions. The R-Car V3H features a suite of proven IPs that support the perception stack, sensor fusion with radar and/or Lidar, ISP with up to 8 MPixel cameras support, allowing OEMs and Tier 1s to achieve quicker time to market with lower Bill of Materials costs.
- Low power consumption and highly-efficient image recognition engine delivers up to 7.2 TOPS, including 3.7 TOPS for CNN, with optimized performance-to-power balance
- Quad Arm® Cortex®-A53 for application programming and dual Cortex-R7 lockstep cores to run AUTOSAR, supporting ASIL D development process for systematic capability for the full SOC
- Features a full set of video processing and image recognition IP for advanced sensing and recognition, including CNN-IP, computer vision engine, image-distortion-correction IPs, stereovision, classifier and dense optical flow
- Integrated ISP enables high level of integration for reduced cost. Supports 8 MPixel sensor and latest RGB-IR standard
- Integrates a full set of automotive peripherals including CAN, Ethernet AVB, and FlexRay
- Supporting metric targets for ASIL B (sensor layer, application processors) and ASIL C (realtime domain) safety goals
- Fully hardware and software compatible with the currently mass-produced R-Car V3H SoC version
- Open solution for front camera supported by Renesas and its ecosystem of partners