Data flash driver software (small version) for the R8C/2x, R8C/1x, and M16C/Tiny Series
M3S-DATFB (hereafter abbreviated DATFB) is a block type device driver for storing data in the data flash that is incorporated in the R8C/2x, R8C/1x, and M16C/Tiny Series microcontrollers. Data can be updated or read out simply by calling the user API functions of the data flash driver. The data flash driver may be used to easily build a data flash based data management system.
Latest Ver.: V.1.30 Release 01
Released: Jul 15, 2011
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
The data flash driver for the R8C/2x, R8C/1x, and M16C/Tiny Series can be selected from the following depending on your functional requirements.
- M3S-DATFA (standard version): Can store data that comes in multiple different data sizes
- M3S-DATFB (small version): Specialized for increasing the number of times data can be updated
- Compact design tailored for embedded systems
Realizable using the internal memory of the microcontrollers
ROM: approx. 2.5 KB, RAM: approx. 100 bytes (R8C/2x, R8C/1x Series) *including the stack
- OS's unnecessary
- Data in a device can be updated many more times than the number of times the device can be updated (erased). Applications can achieve 1,000K times or more of data updates.*1
- If the system is unexpectedly shut down during data updating, the data in it can be restored to the state before it was updated.
- Driver functions can suspended (function interrupt) and resumed as necessary. This helps to prevent the CPU from being occupied by the data flash driver over a long time. Applications can realize periodic processing based on timer interrupts.
- The standard version (M3S-DATFA) that can store data that comes in multiple different data sizes is also available.
*1. This value varies with the data sizes set. If an 8 byte of data size of the R8C/2x or R8C/1x Series is set, the data can be updated 2,040K times.
|datfuser_init||Data flash driver initialize function
This function initializes the data flash driver. To use the data flash driver, be sure to call this function when starting up the system.
|datfuser_format||Data flash driver format function
This function creates a data flash driver area in the data flash.
|datfuser_data_size||Data size acquisition function
This function returns a data size.
|datfuser_flash_mode_disable||Data flash rewrite mode disable function
This function disables the data flash from being rewritten.
|datfuser_flash_mode_enable||Data flash rewrite mode enable function
This function sets the registers and clock as needed to enable the data flash to be rewritten.
|datfuser_function_interrupt||Data flash driver function and interrupt request control function
This function issues or clears function interrupt requests with respect to data flash driver functions.
|datfuser_read_data||Data read function
This function reads data from the data flash and stores it in the destination pointer specified by an argument.
|datfuser_erase_block||Block erase function
This function erases a data block.
|datfuser_write_data||Data update function
This function updates data.
- Data flash driver software (small version) (Library files for the R8C/Tiny and M16C/Tiny series each)
- Sample program (small version)
- Application notes (describing how to use the data flash driver software (small version))
- How to Use Data Flash Driver Software (Standard version)
- Data flash (small version) sample program specification
- Excel file (small version) for estimating the number of times data can be updated
|Target devices||R8C/2x and R8C1x Series:
R8C/19, R8C/1B, R8C/21, R8C/23, R8C/25, R8C/27, R8C/29, R8C/2B*1, R8C/2D*1, R8C/2F, R8C/2L Group
M16C/26, M16C/26A, M16C/28, M16C/29 Group
|Applicable compiler||M3T-NC30WA V.5.42 Release 00 or later|
|Occupied ROM size||Approx. 2.5 KB (R8C/2x and R8C/1x Series)|
|Occupied RAM size||23bytes (R8C2x and R8C/1x Series)|
|Stack, maximum||52bytes (R8C/2x and R8C/1x Series)|
*1.We have announced Notes on Erase-Suspend (TN-16C-A171A/E) of R8C/2B and R8C/2D group with ROM size 96 K bytes and 128 K bytes. If you consider using these MCUs, contact the Renesas Electronics sales department.
|R8C||R8C/2x||R8C/21, R8C/23, R8C/25, R8C/27, R8C/29, R8C/2B, R8C/2D, R8C/2F, R8C/2L|
|M16C||M16C/Tiny||M16C/26, M16C/26A, M16C/28, M16C/29|
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.