Tokyo, Japan, April 19, 2016 — Renesas Electronics Corporation expresses its sincere sympathy and condolences to the victims of the earthquake in Kumamoto Prefecture and the surrounding areas in Kyushu.
Renesas established an emergency task force at the headquarters office immediately after the earthquake and has been continuously working to collect and assess information, while also considering necessary actions and recovery measures.
Regarding the status of the Group's offices/factories, Renesas Group (“the Group”) today announced that a decision on the schedule for the resumption of operations could be made as follows:
- Renesas Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Kawashiri Factory (Kumamoto city, Kumamoto)
- Following the main quake on April 16, the Group resumed investigations inside the clean room from April 17 and has been assessing the concrete situation of the manufacturing equipment. Meanwhile, based on the state of the manufacturing equipment, etc., the Group is currently considering the schedule for resumption of operation. In accordance with the BCP (Business Continuity Plan), the Group aims to announce this schedule on or near April 21.
- All of the Group's other manufacturing sites located in Kumamoto Prefecture and the surrounding areas (Nishiki Factory, Oita Factory and Yamaguchi Factory)
- All the factories are maintaining normal operations.
- Impact on Renesas' overall supply chain including the suppliers and partner companies, etc.
- No change in status from UPDATE 3.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.