Renesas Synergy™ AE-CLOUD1 Application Example for Cloud Connectivity
The Renesas Synergy™ AE-CLOUD1 enables rapid evaluation, prototyping and development of cloud connected applications using the Renesas Synergy™ Platform. AE-CLOUD1 comes preloaded with the Renesas IoT Sandbox demo, the AE-CLOUD1 kit can also be used with the Synergy Enterprise Cloud Toolbox, which enables connection to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. AE-CLOUD1 features the S5D9 MCU Group, which is the superset of the S5 MCU series.
AE-CLOUD1 consists of the following hardware components
- Featuring Renesas Synergy™ S5D9 MCU Group with Arm® Cortex®-M4F @120 MHz with 2 MB Flash and 640 KB SRAM.
- The MCU board also offers 256 Mbits serial Nor QSPI Flash, 6-axis digital compass, microphone, barometric pressure, relative temperature and humidity sensors, 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port, USB 2.0 Full Speed (Device and 5 V Power), 2 x Grove connectors (I2C/GPIO, UART/GPIO), and 3 x colored LEDs (Red, Yellow, Green).
- Offering 802.11 b/g/n connectivity using Qualcomm Atheros’ QCA4002, supported by the Synergy Wi-Fi Framework.
Debugger and Cable
- Segger J-Link® Lite for Renesas Synergy™ debugger and cable.
- 2 x A male to Micro B male 1ft cables.
- Programming at the API level using Synergy Software Package (SSP) with production ready RTOS, middleware, security, frameworks, libraries, and drivers. Please visit the Renesas Synergy™ Gallery for more information and downloads, including professional grade development tools.
- Support for Renesas IoT Sandbox — a free prototyping environment including cloud-based developer accounts and editable mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Ability to connect to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform in ten minutes, using the Synergy Enterprise Cloud Toolbox application project and associated Renesas cloud dashboard.
The AE-CLOUD1 kit comes pre-programmed with the firmware needed to connect to the Renesas IoT Sandbox. To get started with Renesas IoT Sandbox, follow the instructions in the online tutorial for diagnostics intelligence.
AE-CLOUD1 can also be used with the Synergy Enterprise Cloud Toolbox. To get started with Synergy Enterprise Cloud Toolbox, download the application project and follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide which are included.
This product can be ordered from the following distributors
Part Number (Ordering Number)
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|