CapExt is a software package for simulating capacitive touch that was designed from the ground up to be as easy to use as possible, while returning accurate results. With CapExt, you can ensure optimal touch performance before the first prototype.
Shave weeks to months off of your design cycle with CapExt.
- Easy to use
- Runs on any Windows computer
- Import standard design files such as Gerbers or DXF files
- From Gerber to simulation results in under 5 minutes
- Find and fix noise/crosstalk issues
- Simulate the effect of moisture/water on your touch design
Sensitivity of a mutual capacitance touch surface as simulated in CapExt.
Target Markets and Applications
- Companies and engineers implementing capacitive touch
- Touch surfaces on PCBs
- Touch surfaces on ITO for screens/mobile phones
- Companies that need capacitance simulations for sensitive analog designs
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.