The ClockMatrix family of devices are high-performance, precision timing solutions designed to simplify clock designs for applications with up to 100 Gbps interface speeds.
They can be used anywhere in a system to perform critical timing functions, such as clock generation, frequency translation, jitter attenuation and phase alignment. A range of devices in the family support BBU, OTN, SyncE, synthesizer and jitter attenuator applications with several density options for each. To easily implement synchronization in IEEE 1588 systems, Renesas offers PTP clock manager software for free under license.
Key features include:
- Flexibility – PLL channels are individually configurable as synthesizer, jitter attenuator, or DCO
- Integration – up to 8 DPLLs and 12 outputs in a single package
- Performance – RMS jitter as low as 100 fs (typ)
- Standards compliant – IEEE 1588, OTN, and SyncE
- Programmable – I2C, SPI or OTP
- Right size for the job – Package options from 144-BGA down to 48-QFN