Diversity Awareness Month 2021 at Renesas
At Renesas, our people are the most important asset. We strive to be an inclusive organization and foster an environment where everyone feels accepted and engaged regardless of their background. As we grow through acquisitions, bringing our people together to live this value as a global team is critical to our success.
“The goal of Diversity Awareness Month is to pause from our busy daily schedules and take time to reflect on what it means to be a diverse organization. This includes learning about each other and different viewpoints, and actively engaging in conversation with our colleagues about the value of diversity....I will make it my priority to foster an environment where each person can stand on the same platform, is treated fairly (Equity), and can demonstrate their full potential. This includes removing any barriers that may arise.”
Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO
Diversity is what makes us unique and stronger as a team.
Last year, we dedicated the month of October as Diversity Awareness Month and shared the voices of employees around the world—from our headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, to Düsseldorf, Germany; San Jose, California, in the U.S.; Bangalore, India; and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam—to celebrate our diverse team of people at Renesas. Programs and events we hosted include:
- CEO message video by Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO of Renesas
- “Breaking gender barriers” keynote by Selena LaCroix, Renesas board member of and Vice President of Technology Practice at Korn Ferry
- Training for all employees to share the best practices of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Q&A interview articles showcasing our employees' different roles and responsibilities, cultural backgrounds, work-life balance, perspectives on gender equity, LGBTQ+ inclusion and more
- Blog articles on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion by people around the world
- “International Food Month” to celebrate diversity through food—special recipes and stories by employees around the globe
- A series of regional activities in China, England, Korea, India, Japan, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, the U.S. and Vietnam.
Going Local with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Roundtable sessions on diversity and inclusion
We hosted virtual panel sessions focusing on inclusion in the workplace with panelists of various backgrounds across regions including China, England, Germany, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, the U.S. and Vietnam.
Theatre-based learning workshop
In India and Singapore, our team took a unique approach by collaborating with Dramanon. Their theatre-based interactive learning workshop with professional actors helped participants understand different unconscious biases that exist and learn how to proactively address diversity and inclusion issues in the workplace.
Women's networking event
In Korea, our team hosted a mentoring and networking event for women. Many discussed how they as individuals can make a difference and bring more diverse talent to the company.
Learn more about our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion priorities and efforts here.