Solutions for More Efficient Development
Each Smart Utility takes the form of a single plug-in for the integrated development environment. This group of utilities extends your development environment for greater convenience and can be used whatever the kind of application you are developing.
The Smart Configurator for RX now supports CS+. The RX64M group has been added to the list of supported devices. The range will be further expanded in the future, mainly for new products.
The product has five features for more efficient development.
|Smart Configurator||CS+/e² studio|
|Smart Manual||CS+/e² studio|
|Smart Browser||CS+/e² studio|
|Assistant for Optimization||e² studio|
|Open-source plugins||CS+(partially)/e² studio|
The Smart Configurator is a utility for combining software as you wish. It supports the following three functions related to the embedding of Renesas drivers in your systems.
- Importing middleware in the form of FIT (Firmware Integration Technology) modules
- Generating driver code
- Setting pins
Smart Manual makes it easy to find a hardware manual or information on the registers of a Renesas device(Note1) from within the e² studio.
The [Smart Manual] view is for browsing through hardware manuals and searching for occurrences of the names of registers(Note2) or keywords(Note3) in the manual.
The smart manual features also include popping up a description of the specifications in response to placing the mouse cursor over a register name or API function name(Note4) while editing.
- Some devices are not supported.
- Information on the registers and bits of peripheral I/O is searchable.
- Topical key words are used in searching for manuals.
- Functions output by a code generator (for RX or RL78 devices), FIT modules (in RX devices), or service calls to a Renesas real-time OS (RI600V4).
With the Smart Browser, you can easily find and display the latest Renesas hardware manuals, technical updates, and application notes from within the e² studio or CS+. It is also able to download sample code and import projects from projects which include sample code.
In CS+, searching for FAQs that match keywords you have entered is also possible.
Assistant for Optimization
The assistant for optimization assists in optimizing amounts of executable program code. This tool lets you easily see the changes in code size produced by changing compiler and linker options for building, so can help by shortening the time needed to reduce amounts of code.
Open-source plugins that are useful in development
The e² studio also supports plugins which are useful for any development, such as for managing problems, version control, code reviews, and developing documentation. (Note1)
- Trac for managing bugs and requirements
- Subversion and Git for version and configuration control (Note2)
- AgileReview for code reviews
- Doxygen for developing documentation
- Jenkins for build management
- CUnit and Unity for testing
- The above open-source tools can be found on their respective official download pages. Refer to the relevant page for the license conditions of each. Note that Renesas assumes no responsibility for failures of or other problems with this software.
- Those that can be run from a Windows Explorer window can also be run from the CS+ project tree (e.g. version management tools).
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.