The PG-FP5 installed in a system is a tool for erasing, programming, and verifying programs on Renesas MCUs with on-chip flash memory.
The PG-FP5 is to be discontinued, with final orders being accepted until May 2018. If adopting new products, please consider the successor, the PG-FP6.
The addition of the supported MCUs for the PG-FP5 is scheduled to be discontinued in July, 2018.(Tool News) >>
The notification of the latest parameter files (Tool News) >>
Note: The V850 and 78K with dual power supply flash memory, which assume mass production with mask ROM, are not supported by the PG-FP6, the successor of the PG-FP5. Use the PG-FP5 or programmers produced by partners for programming of the V850 and 78K with dual power supply flash memory.
Latest Ver.: V2.15
Released: Oct 5, 2016
Latest Ver.: V2.16
Released: Nov 20, 2017
Latest Ver.: V4
Released: Jul 15, 2011
Latest file released: Apr 20, 2018
- Standalone programming
- PC-controlled programming using dedicated GUI
- Ability to store settings for up to eight programming environments
- Designed specifically for use on production lines (command control or remote control)
- Programming a unique code to a designated area of flash memory
- Security setting can be changed with the the Manager function
- Supports self-testing function
Control panel suitable for the stand-alone operation
Easy-to-Use Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Downloading and uploading program files and parameter files
- Editing program files (by using HEX editor)
- Checksum calculation
- Saving the action logs
- Manager function (Prohibition of uploading program files and changing the password and settings, etc.)
- Feasibility of blank checking, erasing, programming, verifying, reading, settings and obtainment of Flash options information, checksum and programming after erasing
- Execution of self-testing function
- Writing in the minimum unit of the flash memory is available for the following devices
- RX family
- RH850 family (excluding the RH850/P1x-C group)
- V850 family (V850E2/Fx4-L, V850/FF4-G, V850E2/FG4-G, V850E2/Px4-L, or V850PG4-S only)
- USB cable
- Serial cable
- Target cables of two sorts (14-pin and 16-pin types)
- GND cable
- Setup manual
Except for Europe, the power supply adapter, QB-COMMON-PW-xx, is not bundled in the product package of PG-FP5. Please purchase it separately.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.