The E10A-USB is supplied with the capability to install one Device Group, an additional purchase of one or more Device Group Addition(s) enables the same E10A-USB to support devices from other Device Groups. Please view the Installation and Device Group Additions pages for further details.
E10A-USB emulator is connected to the user system via the exclusive debug interface Note1 (H-UDI Note2 and AUD Note3). That enables to debug in such an environment that is about equal to the actual. Using personal computer (IBM PC compatible) with USB 1.1/2.0 (Full-Speed) as a host computer, E10A-USB emulator can debug not only in laboratory but also fields and anywhere.
1: E10A-USB emulator is not support all the microcomputers which has the exclusive debug interface (H-UDI and AUD).Please refer to the Target devices list.
2: The H-UDI (User Debugging Interface) is an interface compatible with the Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) specifications.
3: The AUD (Advanced User Debugger) is one of the emulator functions. The AUD has Branch trace function and RAM monitoring function. As the emulator function depends on the emulator, please refer to the emulator manual to see if the emulator has the AUD function or not.
The Emulator Software for the E10A-USB Emulator (HS0005KCU01H / HS0005KCU02H)
Latest Ver.: V.3.06 Release 00
Released: June 16, 2013
The Emulator Software for the E10A-USB Emulator (HS0005KCU14H)
Latest Ver.: V.2.02 Release 00
Released: Apr 16, 2012
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
- Hardware Breakpoints, dependent on device specification
- 255 software breakpoints
- User break
- Trace functions
- 4 branch trace messages stored on device H-UDI capable devices
- Real time branch trace with AUD capable devices -HS0005KCU02H only
- RAM monitor
- The contents of a memory can be referenced and changed during program execution in real-time with AUD capable devices.
- Full source level debug
- Support for Renesas , IAR and GNU compilers
- Host requirement
- PentiumR3 600MHz or greater
- RAM 128MB or greater
- Available hard-disk 50MB or greater
- USB rev 1.1 port
- User I/F
- 14-way connector (Type: 2514-6002: [3M Co., Ltd.])
- 36-way connector (Type: DX10M-36S: [Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.])
- Multi-core support （HS0005KCU14H only）
- Debugging windows launch for each device.
- Execution control
- Synchronize the execution control between the multi-core devices.
- Simultaneous break and execution start of the multi-core devices are selectable.
- Sequential break between the multi-core devices is selectable.
- The trace of the multi-core devices are available simultaneously.
- Trace of a specific core is available.
- Common watch is used for the time stamp.
- Performance measurement
- Each core counts the number of events and cycles.
|Components Note1 Note3|
|User Interface cable|
(for Mictor connector)
・High-performance Embedded Workshop
・ Emulator debugger
1. The connector to user system is not included.
2. The software may not be the latest version because of the shipping time. Please upgrade your software to the more recent version here.
3. The CD that comes with the E10A-USB emulator does not include a compiler package.
4. Optional user interface cable for 38-pin Mictor connector is available.
User Interface Cables
- Product No. of user interface cable bundled into E10A-USB emulator
In case of corruption and loss, you can purchase user interface cables individually.
|HS0005ECU01H||Optional cable to connect the E10A-USB emulator (HS0005KCU01H, HS0005KCU02H) to the 14-pin connector.|
|HS0005ECU02H||Optional cable to connect the E10A-USB emulator (HS0005KCU02H) to the 36-pin connector.|
Please note that the optional cables that come with the HS0005KCU04H and HS0005KCU14H are not available for purchase as separate items.
- User interface cable for 38-pin Mictor connector
User interface cable for 38-pin Mictor connector is an optional cable to connect the E10A-USB emulator (HS0005KCU02H) to the 38-pin Mictor connector （2-5767004-2 ： Tyco Electronics Corporation) mounted on the user system.
Note: The 38-pin Mictor connector is also used when connecting the E200F emulator for SH7780 Series (R0E0200F2EMU00) to the user system.
|HS0005ECK01H||Optional cable to connect the E10A-USB emulator (HS0005KCU02H) to the 38-pin Mictor connector.|
- SuperH RISC engine Family Note1
- H8SX Family Note1 Note2
- H8S Family Note1 Note2 (Not supported for H8S/Tiny series)
- SH-Mobile Note1
1: Only supported for devices of which H-UDI function is available.
2: AUD trace function is not available.
[Details of supported devices]
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.