The ISL8130EV1Z is a standard boost converter, which features the ISL8130 universal pulse-width modulation (PWM) controller. The evaluation board delivers 32V output at 1.25A. All the necessary components are within the 1.425" x 1.15" PCB area.
The ISL8130 is a universal PWM controller designed to drive N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous rectified buck topology for up to 25A instant MOSFET current and can be configured for boost, buck/boost and sepic converters. The ISL8130 integrates control, output adjustment, monitoring, and protection functions into a single package. And, it provides simple, voltage mode control with fast transient response.
- Operates from:
- 4.5V to 5.5V input for 5V input
- 5.5V to 16V input
- Resistor-selectable switching frequency from 100kHz to 1.4MHz
- Voltage margining and external reference tracking modes
- Kelvin current sensing
- Upper MOSFET rDS(ON) for current sensing for buck and buck/boost converter
- Precision resistor for boost and sepic converter
- Extensive protection functions:
- Overvoltage, overcurrent, undervoltage
- Power-good (PGOOD) indicator
- Power supplies for microprocessors/ASICs
- Ethernet routers and switchers
- Medical instrument power supplies