Traditionally, there’re numerous analog sensors and actuators in the manufacture plant with maintenance difficulties and bad transmission quality due to multiple rotating devices such as motor, existed complexity wiring, and so on.
In order to establish industrial 4.0 from industrial network to end point field bus applications, particular sensors and actuators with IO-Link offering following benefits:
- System diagnosis from single IO-Link master to multiple IO-Link slaves
- From analog to digital sensor signal node with better immunity capability
- Bi-directional communication complies with IEC 61131-9 as International Standard
- Robust point-to-point communication with maximum 20m without attenuation
- IODD (IO Device Description) file enables users to easily monitor and control in real-time operation.
In previous our blog, we introduced IO-Link Temperature sensor solution, and this time, we are going to introduce RA2E1 IO-Link Pressure ensor solution contains TMG IO-Link evaluation stack library.
Customers can easily take the library without applying the license for purpose of evaluation and implementation into the demonstration.
- System configuration features
- RA2E1 and IO-Link Line Driver (PHY) communicate sensing data and system status through SPI
- IO-Link Slave and IO-Link master communicate periodically or each events
- Through IO-Link GUI tool, user can monitor the result of the IO-Link communication and update the configuration values to the IO-Link device.
- Solution key features
- System size saving: RA2E1 supports Chip Scale Package (CSP) reduce PCB size to fit to high-density systems
- Easy sensing: Renesas’s ZSSC3240 (Sensor Signal Conditioner) and ZIOL2401 IO-Link PHY realize easy Analog development through dedicated GUI tools
- Time saving: Sample code and evaluation stack save the time to set up evaluation environment.
In addition, Renesas can offer the scalable lineup for IO-Link Line Drivers, for wide range specifications to meet your needs, including communication interfaces with microcontrollers, protection functions, LDOs, and package sizes.
To achieve the Digital Transformation of smart manufacturing by IO-Link, Renesas is willing to support customers together with our reliable partners who offer market-trusted comprehensive solutions. Please refer to following for more information of our IO-Link Device Solutions, Industrial Ethernet & Fieldbus, Factory Automation.
Log in or register to post comments