Cool Phoenix 3 - Flexible Powerline Modem Solution
The 3rd generation of Renesas’ PLC solution, is a very flexible, software configurable standalone modem solution. It supports multiple standards such as G3-PLC or PRIME, as well as worldwide frequency bands such as CENELEC A and B, FCC, ARIB… all in a single device ...with a single design.
The modular system architecture allows the reusability of well tested and certified building blocks, thus reducing development and testing cost for the design of multiple products.
- Software configurable, flexible PLC modem supporting worldwide frequency bands (CENELEC A, FCC, ARIB)
- Supporting multiple regions with a single design
- Pure software based implementation for standard protocols
- Supporting multiple standards with a single design (G3, PRIME1.3.6, PRIME 1.4)
- Modular system architecture
- Reusable building blocks reducing testing effort and development cost
- Integrated AFE with adaptive gain amplifier and AGC function
- Assuring optimum reception performance and robustness
- Unique robustness achieved by dedicated hardware features and software algorithms
- Assuring communication even in harsh network environments
- High memory headroom.
- Even dual route communication can be supported.
- Competitive Bill of Material
- Including certified software stacks with no additional license fees.
In combination with the wide range of Renesas pin-, software- compatible and scalable microcontrollers this solution provides the perfect fit for any PLC enabled applications addressing markets like smart metering, street lighting and building automation.
PLC modem system block diagram
|AFE integraded with AGA and AGC||Superior dynamic range and sensivity|
|High memory headroom (768 KByte RAM)||Sufficient even for dual route communication|
|High performance DSP||Future-proof, ready to support standards evolution|
|Integraded DC/DC and LDO||Reduced BOM cost and low noise interference|
|Embedded hardware security engine||Simplifies the design of secure smart meters|
|Low power operation||Reduces overall system power comsumption|
Connect it! – Powerline Communication Solution Kit
- Simple to use tool for technology evaluation and development
- Configurable to support multiple frequency bands by simple exchange of the filter board
- Pre-programmed for quick PHY performance evaluation
- Simple PC GUI for flexible device configuration and powerline communication analysis
- Assembled RX631 host MCU allowing customisation of evaluation software to own powerline test environment
- E1 debugging interface for development support
- Multiple USB connectors as interface between modem and host microcontroller
PMOD PLC Modem
- Hardware expansion for Synergy™ Development Platforms
- G3-PLC software add on for straight forward project setup
- Immediately start developing end-product application code at the API level
- Significantly shorten time to market with product ready software supplied
- G3-PLC protocol library supplied
- Full Synergy™ development environment on the Synergy™ Gallery
- Sample code for coordinator and peer devices
- Comprehensive documentation