Data flash driver software (small version) for the R8C/2x, R8C/1x, and M16C/Tiny Series
M3S-DATFB (hereafter abbreviated DATFB) is a block type device driver for storing data in the data flash that is incorporated in the R8C/2x, R8C/1x, and M16C/Tiny Series microcontrollers. Data can be updated or read out simply by calling the user API functions of the data flash driver. The data flash driver may be used to easily build a data flash based data management system.
- Compact design tailored for embedded systems
Realizable using the internal memory of the microcontrollers
ROM: approx. 2.5 KB, RAM: approx. 100 bytes (R8C/2x, R8C/1x Series) *including the stack
- OS's unnecessary
- Data in a device can be updated many more times than the number of times the device can be updated (erased). Applications can achieve 1,000K times or more of data updates.*1
- *1. This value varies with the data sizes set. If an 8 byte of data size of the R8C/2x or R8C/1x Series is set, the data can be updated 2,040K times.
- If the system is unexpectedly shut down during data updating, the data in it can be restored to the state before it was updated.
- Driver functions can suspended (function interrupt) and resumed as necessary. This helps to prevent the CPU from being occupied by the data flash driver over a long time. Applications can realize periodic processing based on timer interrupts.
- The standard version (M3S-DATFA) that can store data that comes in multiple different data sizes is also available.
The data flash driver for the R8C/2x, R8C/1x, and M16C/Tiny Series can be selected from the following depending on your functional requirements.
- M3S-DATFA (standard version): Can store data that comes in multiple different data sizes
- M3S-DATFB (small version): Specialized for increasing the number of times data can be updated