Synergy Software Package
SSP components are tightly integrated, optimized, tested, documented, and maintained by Renesas. A layered architecture enables developers to write their application with the Application Framework using common APIs, or by directly connecting to the device driver level as needed. Learn the functions of each SSP component here.
Renesas has established a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) process for the SSP to cover the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from early market requirements validation to software verification and maintenance. Every element of the SSP is defined by and tested to meet these requirements.
SSP quality is tracked and measured using combinations of unit, functional, integration, performance, regression, dynamic, and static analysis tests. To ensure the Synergy SQA process is verifiable and produces quantifiable results, five software quality metric categories must be met for a SSP release:
· Meet coding standards
· Maintain low code complexity
· Have traceability to requirements
· Build cleanly
· Achieve full test coverage of all code
Three types of SSP licenses are available with a valid user or company account.
Portions of SSP code are protected under certain license types, meaning that while fully functional, protected code sections cannot be edited and sometimes cannot be viewed. The remainder of SSP code is always viewable and editable.
An Evaluation License with any valid account provides complementary use of the SSP and Synergy Tools, but protected sections cannot be viewed or edited.
A Development/Production License with a valid company account adds complimentary SSP maintenance and visibility to all SSP software, including protected sections if using a Synergy development tool. Protected sections cannot be edited. This license is required for development and production of any Synergy Platform based end-product.
A Source Code License is only required in the rare case that protected sections of the SSP need to be edited. Protected source code editing is not recommended and not needed for end-product development. Please contact your local Renesas sales representative to inquire about a SSP Source Code License.
Current Public Release
Release Date: 2018-12-12
MCUs Supported: S7G2, S3A7, S124, S3A3, S128, S5D9, S5D5, S5D3, S3A6, S3A1, S1JA
SSP v1.5.3 is a patch release that delivers quality and feature enhancements to previously released SSP v1.5.0.
- This package contains the standalone installer for SSP v1.5.3 patch release that includes ALL SSP modules. Users can install SSP v1.5.3 without installing SSP v1.5.0, SSP v1.5.1 or 1.5.2 releases in the same folder. SSP v1.5.3 installer also includes complete SSP v1.5.1 (ALL SSP modules, including the modules that were unchanged and not included in the original SSP v1.5.1 distribution) and installs it in the same folder as 1.5.3. This repackaging of SSP v1.5.1 with 1.5.3 is required to work around a known issue with upgrading projects from SSP v1.5.1 to SSP v1.5.3 caused by unexpected behavior in e2 studio and SSC v6.2.1.
- The Addendum for the SSP User’s Manual corresponding to SSP v1.5.3 is being provided as a separate standalone document. This addendum should be used in conjunction with the complete SSP v1.5.0 User’s Manual in PDF format.
- Platform installers (with e2 studio and IAR toolchain) are not provided for SSP v1.5.3. If you are upgrading your existing SSP v1.5.x (1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.2) projects, download and install the standalone installer for SSP v1.5.3 in the same Packs folder in the e2 studio 6.2.1 where SSP v1.5.x releases are installed. Users upgrading from SSP v1.4.0 or earlier releases, or installing SSP and the Synergy toolchain for the first time should download and install the requisite toolchain for SSP v1.5.3 from Development Tools section of Synergy Gallery prior to installing SSP v1.5.3.
Before installing SSP standalone installer, ensure that the following items are installed on your PC:
• Renesas e2 studio ISDE v6.2.1
• GNU Arm® Compiler (included with Renesas e2 studio ISDE v6.2.1)
To install the SSP, follow these steps:
1. Download the following items for the SSP Release from Renesas.com:
a. SSP_Distribution_1.5.3.zip (SSP Package Installer, including SSP Package)
b. Renesas Synergy Software Package (SSP) v1.5.3 Release Note.
2. Unzip the package and run the SSP_Distribution_1.5.3.exe installer.
3. Install the SSP in the root folder of a compatible e2 studio installation.
Note: The default installation folder for the SSP is C:\Renesas\e2_studio. SSP documentation is available for download from the Synergy Software Package (SSP) page in Renesas Synergy Platform section, on Renesas.com. Users are required to Sign in the MyRenesas Account by using existing MyRenesas or Synergy Gallery credentials, or by creating a new MyRenesas account.