Detectors and sensors are surely one of the fastest-growing markets, being driven by the development of multiple applications within the Internet of Things. More and more detectors and sensors are used for monitoring purposes, especially in building automation systems, like access control system & security system or fire protection system. As a consequence, the detector kit is the perfect reference tool for your solution to the increasing demand for developing more intelligent sensors in a shorter time!
The Smoke Detector solution is an RL78 Quick Solution featuring the RL78/I1D. When the threshold is crossed and smoke is detected, an LED light will flash and an alarm will sound to alert users. Using the ultra-low power consumption RL78/I1D with built-in OPA, ADC, 12-bit IT, I/O, and other peripheral functions, reduce system costs and extends life of operation.
Every board has an adequate sensor depending on the measurement that needs to be done, on what needs to be detected:
- Glass Break detector demonstrator uses a microphone to detect noise that emulates a glass break event.
- Carbon monoxide detector (CO detector) demonstrator uses a chemical sensor
- The motion detector demonstrator uses a specific PIR sensor based on infrared technology to detect movement.
- Smoke detector demonstrator uses Infrared light emitter and receptor to detect the smoke into the chamber.
- All boards are processing the measurement coming from these sensors with thanks to the amplification and filtering stage done by the microcontroller.
All boards are featuring the new Renesas RL78/I1D microcontroller has the central element of the demonstrator board. Each detector or sensor application will benefit from the outstanding integration of the RL78/I1D MCU with his 4 channels of an operational amplifier, 2 channels of comparators in order to enhance processing capabilities.
The detector kit Detect-it! includes:
- 4 different types of detector hardware demonstrators
- Glass Break detector demonstrator
- Carbon monoxide detector demonstrator (also name CO detector)
- Motion detector demonstrator
- Smoke detector demonstrator
- 1 CD with documentation
- CR 123 battery
- Glass Break detector demo using noise detection
- Carbon monoxide detector demo using a chemical sensor
- Motion detector demo using PIR
- Smoke detector demo using infrared light
- Features RL78/I1D microcontroller with enhanced analog functions such as operational amplifiers, 12-bit A/D converter and window comparators
- RL78/I1D supports very low power operation (124 uA @ 1 MHz ) and a high speed 4µs wake up
- Smoke Detector
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Motion Detector
- Glas Break Detector
- Alarm Control