This is a solution that could be installed on windows and door entrances, etc. When a vibration caused by an outside force is detected, an alarm will sound to scare off intruders. This Window Alarm with Buzzer solution features the RL78/G10 general-purpose MCU's functions such as external interrupt, timer module, buzzer output controller, and watchdog timer. In a normal situation when there is no vibration to a window, the device will enter STOP mode. When vibration is detected, it will release from STOP mode and sound an alarm. With the RL78/G10 STOP mode function, power consumption is suppressed, allowing battery life to last longer. The Window Alarm with Buzzer can play a defensive and alarm role for ordinary house doors and windows, as well as large glass windows, glass cabinets and booths.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.
- Demo board includes the RL78/G10 MCU
- After vibration is detected, the system will activate an audible and visual alarm. The sound of the alarm is around 80dB and lasts 20s
- After the ON/OFF switch is activated, the system is powered on and starts initialization; the vibration detection sensor starts to operate 10s later
- Reset standby function: LED blinks with a 50ms cycle and lasts 10s
- The LED blinks about every 3.28s to indicate the MCU is operating normally