Wi-Fi sensor demo kit showcases how to use Wi-Fi to talk to various sensors/detectors in a residential environment.
The diagram below shows the setup of the Sensor demo unit.
Each of the RL78 sensor units have multiple sensors in them and simulate a room in the house. The sensor GUI application simulates the central control panel. Each of the sensor units communicates with the central control unit through Wi-Fi. The sensor modules have a RL78 low power MCU that talks to the various sensors and collects the sensor data. The sensor data is sent to the Wi-Fi module that sends it to the central control panel. The Wi-Fi module in the sensor unit is a Connect-i-on module from Redpine Signals.
- Sensor demo Suitcase
- Two sensor units
- Dlink access point with ethernet cable
- Power supply extension cable
- Two Li-ion Battery
- Power supply cable
- DVD containing all the software, tools and documentation needed to quickly start evaluating the product.
- Real life demonstration of residential environment sensors
- Ambient Light
- Showcases easy RL78 interface to the multiple sensors
- Serial communication interfaces: I2C, UART, etc.
- Analog interface: ADC
- Ultra low power operation with RL78 MCU : battery operated sensor kits
- Demonstration of Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n capabilities with Redpine signals Connect-i-on™ module