Temperature, humidity and luminance changes in the air have a direct impact on human body comfort and emotions; as a result, the detection of these factors is very necessary. Additionally, environment conditions need to be recorded in various scenarios ranging from an agricultural environment investigation to a factory audit and energy saving monitoring activities in offices.
The Portable Environment Monitor is a convenient tool that enables real time tracking of temperature, humidity and luminance that can be reflected on a display. This solution is perfectly suited for an IoT sensor module. By simply using four keys, you can set high/low limits of temperature, humidity and luminance. The set value is saved in data flash and once the value is exceeded, the alarm will buzz and an arrow symbol will be shown on the LCD module.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.
- Demo board includes the RL78/G11 MCU
- Flash ROM size of the RL78/G11 is 16KB and the RAM size is 1.5KB
- Powered by three AAA batteries
- Detects temperature, humidity and luminance in the air
- Alarms can be set for the high/low limits of temperature, humidity and luminance
- The temperature sampling circuit directly uses a linear voltage output temperature sensor
- The humidity sampling circuit uses a module sensor to acquire humidity
- The luminance sampling circuit is a series of voltage divider circuits that is composed of a photoelectric transistor and resistance R9.