Motor Health Monitoring detects the motor health status with Renesas RE Family’s ultra-low current consumption, high performance MCU and motor vibrations using 3-axis accelerometer sensor. The MCU reads the real-time accelerometer data periodically and runs the algorithm to identify the motor health/status.
- RE MCU will operate in 2 different power modes to minimize the current consumption.
- High performance clock (32MHz) speed is used to process the accelerometer data to identify the motor health.
- RE MCU stays in minimum power standby mode with 0.5uA current consumption for most of the time since motor vibration data is collected periodically (1 to 4 hours)
- After wakeup from standby mode, motor health monitoring algorithm runs to read and analyze the accelerometer sensor data to detect faults (Ex: Dynamic eccentricity fault)
- Algorithm will capture 2048 samples of accelerometer values in iteration.
- Fourier Transform of the captured accelerometer values are calculated to identify the faults.
- Office Automation
- Smart Home Appliances