Ensure consistent and timely intake of medicine by patients with the Smart Medicine Box featuring the Renesas RL78/G13 microcontroller (MCU), ISL9120 low power buck-boost regulator and RL78/G1D Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) module.
The Smart Medicine Box is designed to ensure consistent medicine intake by patients. Using a dedicated smartphone app, users can setup their phones to display reminders, manage their personal medication status and much more.
This reference design features the embedded RL78/G13 MCU which communicates with an RL78/G1D BLE module via UART. The ISL9120 high efficiency buck-boost switching regulator further enhances power control efficiency.
- Enables users to record pill taking activities
- Generates a notification sound and displays a bright light in certain pill boxes, so that the patient will know the specific number of boxes from which they should take out medicine
- The system can determine if the patient has taken pills out of the box via a recording key
- Transmits a record of pills taken back to a mobile application
- Users can set a notification time according to a message from the mobile application
- Includes a low battery voltage alert
- Displays real-time data on a 4-digit 7-segment LED
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.