Renesas Battery Charger Identification (BCID) products are USB devices that combine high-speed USB switches with a USB host charger (dedicated charger) identification circuit. These devices support the most current USB Battery Charging specification Revision 1.2 including data contact detection and set resistor biases for Apple* and Samsung** compliant devices. These devices also support legacy USB D+/D- short detection using data-line pull up resistors.
- USB BC 1.1 & BC 1.2
- SDP, CDP and DCP handshaking protocol
- Chinese Telecom Standard YD/T 1591-2009
- Proprietary Apple dedicated charger scheme
- 1 A, 2 A and 2.4 A at 5 V
- Proprietary Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Featuring Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 Technology
* Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
** Samsung Galaxy Tab are trademarks of Samsung Electronics, registered in Korea and other countries