This Handy Vacuum Cleaner reference design enables switching between two operation levels of suction power: high or low. The sensorless 3-phase BLDC motor is rotated at high speed to provide the appropriate strength of suction for each level. The battery-driven, cordless operation makes vacuuming with one hand a breeze!
This solution features the RL78/G1F which comes with a built-in programmable gain amplifier (PGA), comparator (CMP0), and pulse width modulation (PWM) option unit A (PWMOPA) for overcurrent detection and PWM output-forced cutoff control. With 120-degree conducting control, the 4-input selectable comparator and motor control auxiliary timer can achieve sensorless rotor position detection even when the motor is stopped or rotating at high-speeds exceeding the maximum 50,000rpm.
The ISL94202 Li-ion battery monitor IC's power management provides battery charge and discharge control, current and voltage monitoring, and battery balance control.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.
- Demo board includes the RL78/G1F MCU
- Operating voltage: 18V ~ 25.2V (Li-ion 6s)
- Rated current: 4.6A at 50000rpm with load
- Motor model: SX-12998-00 (Max. 50000rpm BLDCM)
- Air flow: 260L/min
- Wind pressure: 8.4kPa
- Battery Model: Panasonic NCR18650B (3400mAh)
- Motor Constitution: 3 phases/2 poles/3 slots
- Pole pairs: 1pp
- Motor Back Electromotive Force (BEMF): 0.3V [V0-p] at 1000rpm
- Motor mode:
- Standard: 30000rpm
- Power: 50000rpm
- Undervoltage (19.8V)
- High voltage (25.2V)
- Current limited (13A)
- Step-out detection
- Battery temperature (55 °C)
- Motor temperature (65 °C)
- LED display:
- Green: Power-on status/discharge status/full voltage
- Red: Charge status/low voltage