RZ/T1 Motion Control Solution Kit is a complete hardware and software solution for the Renesas RZ/T1 MPU. It delivers best-in-class processing power and real-time architecture to run tighter control loops, network connectivity to support deterministic communication, and high-speed encoder interface – effectively serving as a connected servo solution on a single chip. The kit includes an RZ/T1 CPU card, and a dual channel 3-phase inverter to support dual channel servo motor control with current and position feedback. The kit also supports incremental and absolute encoder over A-formatTM, BiSS®, EnDat, and Tamagawa protocols.
- RZ/T1 Motion Controller and Inverter board
- CD-ROM with RZ/T1 Motion PC-Based utility tool, sample programs, and documentation
- Servo motor with incremental encoder
- I-Jet Lite debugger
- Cables and connectors
- Getting Started guide
Controller board/inverter board with 2 motor drive channels
- Motor power voltage: 12V-48V
- Logic power voltage: 24V
- Encoder interface × 2
- Incremental: ABZ (RS-422) (max 2channels)
- Absolute: Supports A-formatTM/BiSS®-C/EnDat2.2/Tamagawa (1 channel only)
- 5V tolerant hall sensor input x 2
- Ether port x 2, CAN, UART, ΔΣI/F, USB
Utility software (Windows application)
- Supports two axes
- Supports incremental/absolute encoder
- Position control, motion control (trapezoidal control, S-curve control)
- Real-time internal data extraction/waveform display (motion scope)
- Tuning of Kp, Ki, Kd
Firmware (software for RZ/T1)
- Current loop/position control loop, velocity control (trapezoidal control, S-curve control)
- Source code (except for some parts)
- Support for command line control
＊To purchase, please contact a Renesas sales representative or agent.
＊BiSS is a registered trademark of iC-Haus.
＊A-format is a trademark of the Nikon Corporation.
The sample code that is included in this kit is provided as a project for the "IAR Embedded Workbench® for Arm" integrated development environment from IAR. This kit includes an installer for the free evaluation version of this integrated development environment that allows you to use it to build sample code for 30 days with no restriction on code size.
This kit uses a yellow LED to indicate that EtherCAT is in the RUN state. Please keep this in mind, because under the EtherCAT specifications a green LED is usually used to indicate RUN.
To operate the motor that is included in this kit, you need to load the parameter file from the included CD into the utility tool. For details, please refer to "2.4 Check Configuration Parameters" in the Getting Started Guide (R12AN0037ED) that is also included with the kit.
The RZ/T1 solution kit integrates software algorithms including Field Oriented Control, position control loop, and velocity profile generator. This provides an example that allows customers to quickly evaluate the performance of the chip. The current board is able to support two axes. Renesas will support the solution kit with dedicated network stacks and the necessary encoder software, which will be continuously enhanced.
- AC Servo System, Industrial Network, Machine Tool, Remote IO, Robot