The ISL8271M is not recommended for new designs and has no alternative product available.
The ISL8271M is a 33A step-down DC/DC power supply module with integrated digital PWM controller, synchronous power switches, an inductor and passives. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. The 33A of continuous output current can be delivered without a need of airflow or a heatsink. The thermally enhanced HDA module is capable of dissipating heat directly into the PCB. The ISL8271M uses ChargeMode™ control architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle. The ISL8271M comes with a preprogrammed configuration for operating in a pin strap mode; output voltage, switching frequency and device SMBus address can be programmed with external resistors. More configuration such as soft-start and fault limits can be easily programmed or changed via PMBus compliant serial bus interface. PMBus can be used to monitor voltages, current, temperatures and fault status. The ISL8271M is supported by PowerNavigator™ software, a graphical user interface (GUI) that can be used to configure modules to a desired solution. The ISL8271M is available in a 40-pin compact 17mmx19mm HDA module with very low profile height of 3. 55mm, suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The ISL8271M is RoHS compliant by exemption.
- Complete digital switch mode power supply
- Wide VIN range: 4.5V to 14V
- Programmable VOUT range: 0.6V to 5V
- PMBus compliant I2C communication interface
- Programmable VOUT, margining, UV/OV, IOUT limit, soft-start/stop, sequencing, and external synchronization
- Monitor: VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, switching frequency, and faults
- ChargeMode control architecture
- ±1.0% VOUT accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Power-good indicator
- Over-temperature protection
- Internal nonvolatile memory and fault logging
- Patented thermally enhanced HDA package
- Intuitive configuration using PowerNavigator