The highly integrated RAA239101 low-power analog front-end IC includes all necessary peripherals and features required for a complete smoke detector system based on photoelectric detection principle. It enables a very flexible implementation with parametrization capabilities (LED-current selection, PGA gain setting, integrated battery test feature).
- Low-power analog front-end includes all necessary peripherals for a photoelectric smoke detector.
- Ultra-low current consumption enables 10y+ battery lifetime.
- Very few external components needed with a cost-optimized bill-of-materials (BOM) and small solution size vs. a discrete design.
- Highly integrated analog front-end (AFE) allows the use of two different IR wavelength diodes/photodetectors (enhanced accuracy, UL217 compliant).
- Utilizes the small pin-count and low cost RL78/G12 MCU with DataFlash, enabling non-volatile data storage for alarm counter, operating hours, etc.
- AC mains power supply with small-sized and low quiescent current (IQ) AC/DC buck regulator (optional).
- Residential smoke detectors based on photoelectric principle