Timing Commander™ is an innovative Windows™-based software platform enabling system design engineers to configure, program, and monitor sophisticated timing devices with an intuitive and flexible graphical user interface (GUI). The support tool empowers customers to expedite development cycles and optimize the configuration of Renesas's industry-leading clocking solutions.
The Timing Commander platform is designed to serve user-friendly configuration interfaces, known as personalities, for various products and product families. With a few simple clicks, the user is presented with a comprehensive, interactive block diagram offering the ability to modify desired input values, output values, and other configuration settings. The software automatically makes calculations, reports status monitors, and prepares register settings without the need to reference a datasheet. The tool also automatically loads the configuration settings over USB to an evaluation board for immediate application in the circuit. Once the device has been configured and tuned for optimal system performance, the configuration file can be saved for factory-level programming prior to shipment.
Product Personality Downloads
Timing Commander product personality files are available for download from the product page specific to your device. Type your product number in the search bar to find the product page. The file download is located in the Documentation & Downloads section of that page.
- Supported by dozens of popular timing products
- Interactive block diagram with click-to-toggle parameters
- Software provides detailed information about fields without the need to reference the datasheet
- Fractional input syntax avoids issues with infinite decimals
- Allows protection of input fields once they've been set
- Directly view and modify register setting individually or collectively
- Device-dependent advanced features include ability to generate phase noise plots, generated schematic symbol and termination circuit, and calculated power consumption
Timing Commander System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- Processor: Minimum 1GHz
- Memory: Minimum 512MB, recommended 1GB
- Available Disk Space: Min 600MB (1.5GB 64bit), recommended 1GB (2GB 64bit)
- Network access during installation if the .NET framework and SQL compact are not currently installed on the system.
- Windows Administrative permissions to install software.
- USB 2.0 interface. The evaluation board USB module is not compatible with USB 3.0. The hardware drivers are automatically installed during the Timing Commander installation.