The OB1203 is a fully integrated optical sensing module for Pulse Oximetry (PPG - photoplethysmography), multi-channel Color Sensing (CS), Ambient Light Sensing (LS) and Proximity Sensing (PS).
With the appropriate algorithm, it can determine human heart rate, blood oxygen saturation (SpO2), respiration rate and heart rate variability (a measure of stress). The OB1203 integrates all light sources, drivers, and the sensor elements, in a single optically optimized package.
A major application of the device is consumer and mobile devices, enabling biosensing features and display control in a single device. The OB1203 can determine proximity of nearby objects in order to support the deactivation of touch screen displays or the detection of a finger for pulse oximetry measurements, for example. The sensor combines optical sensing features (CS, LS, PS) and bio-sensing functionality (PPG) without the need for a transparent optical opening. The unique implementation of OB1203 enables SpO2 measurements behind IR transmissive ink, making the device virtually invisible, and allowing for aesthetic industrial designs.
- SpO2 measurement behind IR transmissive, but visibly dark ink
- Industry’s smallest package: 4.2mm × 2mm × 1.2mm
- Fully integrated and trimmed module including two LEDs, 250mA max drive current and photo detectors
- High SNR and Crosstalk cancelation (analog and digital)
- Ambient Light / Color Sensor:
- High illuminance accuracy across various light sources
- Absolute sensitivity: 0.06 lx to > 150,000 lx
- Output resolution LS/CS: 13 to 20 bits
- Four LS/CS gain modes: x1 to x6
- Highly linear output, 50Hz/60Hz light and fluorescent light flicker immunity
- Proximity Sensor:
- Integrated and trimmed LED source, driver (250mA) and photodetector
- High resolution (12 to 16 bits)
- Object movement detection (in/out)
- Ambient light suppression > 100 klx sun light