ISL8130EV1Z is a sepic converter, which features the universal PWM controller, ISL8130. The evaluation board delivers 10V output at 2A. All the necessary components are within the 1.78” x 1.24” PCB area.
The ISL8130 is designed to drive N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous rectified buck topology for up to 25A instant MOSFET current and can be configured for boost, buck/boost and sepic converters as well. The ISL8130 integrates control, output adjustment, monitoring and protection functions into a single package. The ISL8130 provides simple, voltage mode control with fast transient response.
- Operates From:
- 4.5V to 5.5V Input for 5V Input
- 5.5V to 16V Input
- Resistor-Selectable Switching Frequency from 100kHz to 1.4MHz
- Voltage Margining and External Reference Tracking Modes
- Kelvin Current Sensing
- Upper MOSFET rDS(ON) for Current Sensing for Buck and Buck/Boost Converter
- Precision Resistor for Boost and Sepic Converter
- Extensive Protection Functions:
- Overvoltage, Overcurrent, Undervoltage
- Power-Good Indicator
- Power supplies for microprocessors/ASICs
- Ethernet routers and switchers
- Medical instrument power supplies
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.