DISCONTINUED SOFTWARE NOTICE - This software / tool has been discontinued.
Software support will continue in most cases. Please contact Renesas support with any questions.
The E1 emulator is an on-chip debugging emulator and flash programmer which supports the major Renesas MCUs. This economical development tool provides basic debugging functionality. Available optional products, such as the hot-plug-in adaptor, allow you to extend debugging functionality or adjust connections.
|For RX or RL78 Family MCU Users||E2 emulator or E2 emulator Lite|
|For RH850 Family MCU Users||E2 emulator|
- No successors to E1 for V850、78K0R、78K0 or R8C* Family MCU Users.
*E8a emulator supports R8C/3x or R8C/Lx Series MCU.
- Affordable yet powerful debugging device that can meet the actual development needs.
Learn more (On-chip Debuggers Performance Property) >>
- Enhanced functions for faster debugging
In addition to basic debugging functions, the E1 supports execution time measurement and hot plug-in functionality (dependent on the MCU) that allows connection to the user system while the program is running.
- Also functions as an on-board programmer.
Can be used as an on-board programming tool after the debugging, enabling smooth evaluation of the MCU.
- Optimally suited for evaluating analogue functions such as A/D and D/A properties.
Electrical characteristics are the same as those of the actual MCU, since the actual MCU is used for debugging.
- Serial, JTAG and LPD connections are supported.
For the communication system, serial, JTAG or LPD connection can be selected as required by the type of the target MCU.
- Simple connection
Connection requires only a connector mounted on the user system, thus significantly reducing the possibility of loose connection.
- Environmentally friendly material
The casing is made of plant-derived polylactide (PLA).
- Learn More
|Purpose of use||Software to be used||Target devices Note1||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
*Evaluation Software Download
|RX, RL78, RH850
Functions Supported by CS+ (PDF | English, 日本語)
|V8.05.00||Jan. 20, 2021||Operating Environment|
|RX, RL78, RH850 Note3
*See "Release notes".
|Jan. 20, 2021|
|Apr. 20, 2020|
|IAR Embedded Workbench Note2||RX, RL78, RH850||Contact IAR Systems.|
|Green Hills Multi Note2||RH850||Contact Green Hills Software.|
|iSYSTEM winIDEA Note2||RL78, RH850||Contact iSYSTEM.|
|Flash Programming||Renesas Flash Programmer V3
*Evaluation Software Download
|RL78, RX, RH850
List of MCUs supported by Renesas Flash Programmer V3 (PDF | English, 日本語)
|V3.08.01||Jan. 20, 2021||Operating Environment|
- For details when using devices of V850 family, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C family, see E1/E20 software for V850, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C MCU >>.
- As for tools produced by partners, contact them directly.
- Debug support only (For building, use the IAR Embedded Workbench compiler made by IAR systems or the MULTI compiler made by Green Hills Software, LLC.)