Synergy Software Package
SSP components are tightly integrated, optimized, tested, documented, and maintained by Renesas. A layered architecture enables developers to write their application with the Application Framework using common APIs, or by directly connecting to the device driver level as needed. Learn the functions of each SSP component here.
Renesas has established a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) process for the SSP to cover the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from early market requirements validation to software verification and maintenance. Every element of the SSP is defined by and tested to meet these requirements.
SSP quality is tracked and measured using combinations of unit, functional, integration, performance, regression, dynamic, and static analysis tests. To ensure the Synergy SQA process is verifiable and produces quantifiable results, five software quality metric categories must be met for a SSP release:
· Meet coding standards
· Maintain low code complexity
· Have traceability to requirements
· Build cleanly
· Achieve full test coverage of all code
Three types of SSP licenses are available with a valid user or company account.
Portions of SSP code are protected under certain license types, meaning that while fully functional, protected code sections cannot be edited and sometimes cannot be viewed. The remainder of SSP code is always viewable and editable.
An Evaluation License with any valid account provides complementary use of the SSP and Synergy Tools, but protected sections cannot be viewed or edited.
A Development/Production License with a valid company account adds complimentary SSP maintenance and visibility to all SSP software, including protected sections if using a Synergy development tool. Protected sections cannot be edited. This license is required for development and production of any Synergy Platform based end-product.
A Source Code License is only required in the rare case that protected sections of the SSP need to be edited. Protected source code editing is not recommended and not needed for end-product development. Please contact your local Renesas sales representative to inquire about a SSP Source Code License.
Current Public Release
Release Date: 2018-01-22
MCUs Supported: S7G2, S3A7, S124, S3A3, S128, S5D9, S5D5, S3A6
SSP v1.3.3 is a patch release for the Synergy platform that delivers quality and feature improvements to previously released SSP v1.3.0 and 1.3.2. SSP v1.3.3 upgrades GUIX to v5.4, which in addition to quality improvements also adds support for additional widgets, software mouse, runtime gradient, 4 bpp grayscale format, configurable pen speeds, additional animations and drawing with alpha brush.
Along with SSP v1.3.3, an upgraded version of GUIX Studio (v5.4) has also been launched on Synergy Gallery and is required for building new UIs using GUIX 5.4 or for upgrading existing GUIX projects to SSP v1.3.3. The installer for SSP v1.3.3 can be downloaded from the Download Details tab under the Synergy Software Package section. Please see the SSP v1.3.3 Release Notes and SSP User’s Manual on the Documentation Tab for more information on features and installation instructions.
Upgrading to SSP v1.3.3:
For information on upgrading existing projects based on earlier versions of SSP, refer to the Starting Development section in User’s Manual for SSP v1.3.3.
What’s New in SSP v1.3.2
SSP v1.3.2 is a qualified release for the Synergy platform that includes support for the Synergy S3A3 MCU Group, as well as key enhancements to features and MCU Groups introduced in SSP v1.3.0. SSP 1.3.2 has been integrated, optimized, tested and qualified by Renesas for Synergy developers.
New Features and enhancements in SSP v1.3.2:
- SSP module support for the S3A3 MCU Group
- New BSP for Target Board Kit TB-S3A3
- Enhancement to the cellular framework to support 4G LTE CAT1 Network
- Additional SSP module support for the new Synergy S3A6 and S5D5 MCU Groups
- Support for CLUT-8 format in GUIX using either hardware or software rendering
- Updates and bug fixes to NetX Secure (TLS) stack for secure connectivity
- Additional hardware-accelerated Cryptography library functions:
- Key generation using RSA and AES (with CBC, CTR, ECB and XTS chaining modes), including support for wrapped keys
- Decryption, Signing, and Verification using RSA wrapped keys
- Framework interfaces for TRNG and crypto hash modules
The installer for SSP v1.3.2 can be downloaded from the Download Details tab under the Synergy Software Package section. Please see the SSP v1.3.2 Release Notes and SSP User’s Manual on the Documentation Tab for more information on features and installation instructions.
Upgrading to SSP v1.3.2:
For information on upgrading existing projects based on earlier versions of SSP, refer to the Starting Development section in User’s Manual for SSP v1.3.2.
What’s New in SSP v1.3.0
Key New Features in SSP v1.3.0:
- New Wireless connectivity Application Frameworks for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and Cellular
- NetX Secure™ providing Transport Layer Security v1.2 protocol for secure connectivity
- MQTT Client (Message Queue Telemetry Transport) Lightweight IoT protocol for connecting IoT devices to Cloud
- A powerful, easy to use 2nd Generation Power Profile Application framework (V2)
- Expansion of the Synergy Microcontroller product range to include the S5D5, S128 and S3A6 MCUs
- A new DAC 8-bit HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) driver module
Enhancements to Existing Features:
- Additional Cryptography library functions for hardware-accelerated AES key generation, including AES GCM and AES GCM wrapped keys, and counter mode (CTM) for 3DES (Triple-DES)
- Bug fixes and ease of use improvements
- Updates and bug fixes to ThreadX®, FileX, USBX™ and GUIX™ stacks
The installer for SSP v1.3.0 can be downloaded from the Download Details tab under Synergy Software Package section. Please see the SSP v1.3.0 Release Notes and SSP User’s Manual on the Documentation Tab for more information on features and installation instructions.
Upgrading to SSP v1.3.0:
For information on upgrading existing projects based on earlier versions of SSP, refer to the Starting Development section in User’s Manual for SSP v1.3.0.
SSP v1.3.0 includes new features (NetX Secure and MQTT) which require that the XML License file be upgraded to use these new features. SSP v1.3.0 installer includes the updated evaluation License file (XML) that allows developers to compile and build these new features for the purpose of evaluating SSP. However, for developing using SSP v1.3.0, users are required to generate a new Development and Production License Key on Synergy Gallery. The Development and Production License also provides the developers capability to view protected source code in e2Studio and IAR EW. For generating a new Development and Production License, please contact the designated Super User(s) for your Company registration on Synergy Gallery.
This package contains SSP v1.3.3 patch release.
Before installing SSP, ensure that the following items are installed on your PC:
Renesas e² studio ISDE v5.4.0 (download from Renesas Gallery https://synergygallery.renesas.com/)
GNU Arm Compiler (included in Renesas e² studio ISDE v5.4 installer)
To install the SSP, follow these steps:
- SSP_Distribution_1.3.3.zip (SSP Package Installer, including SSP Package)
- Renesas Synergy Software Package (SSP) v1.3.3 Release Note
Note: The default installation folder for the SSP is C:\Renesas\e2_studio.