This smart pen system is used to record human handwriting and store a copy in a digital format. The pen uses one IR LED to emit light onto the paper and an LED sensor to detect the reflection. The sensor will allow the movement of the pen’s pattern to be detected and record what is written.
- The LED and detector record’s the pen’s movement
- The IR LED is invisible, so the user will not be distracted by any light while writing
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) on the pen would transfer the digital data from the pen to a computer or tablet
- An EEPROM on board will store the writing in memory for transfer to a notebook
- Buttons for audio recording to start and to power on/off the pen
- Smart pen