New ISL71091SEH Voltage References Ensure Signal Processing Integrity and Improve Voltage Accuracy in Satellite Applications
14 Jul 2014
MILPITAS, Calif., July 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intersil Corporation (Nasdaq:ISIL), a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions, today announced the expansion of its industry leading line of radiation hardened (rad hard) voltage references to include four new devices, the ISL71091SEH10, 20, 33 and 40. Providing voltages previously unavailable for the rad hard space market, the new family enables better overall accuracy for 11-bit and 12-bit ADC resolution applications. The ISL71091SEH family offers the industry's best output voltage noise and a reference voltage that is stable over time, temperature and ionizing radiation, providing increased precision in satellite data acquisition, signal processing and power management applications.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=26440
Customers designing for rigorous applications require reliable precision analog solutions to obtain better overall accuracy. The ISL71091SEH20 provides a 2.048 voltage reference specifically for commonly used 11-bit ADC resolution, and the ISL71091SEH40 provides a 4.096 voltage reference specifically for 12-bit ADC resolution. Both devices provide a reference voltage consistent with 1mV LSB. These voltage reference options enable the system designer to optimize accuracy within 11 and 12-bit signal processing system resolution targets, respectfully, ensuring signal processing integrity.
The ISL71091SEH radiation hardened voltage references deliver high performance by leveraging Intersil's innovative SOI-based PR40 process providing Single Event Latch-up (SEL) immunity to ensure robust performance in heavy ion environments. This and other Intersil patented technologies reduce performance compromises in even the most challenging applications. This advanced bipolar technology enables the ISL71091SEH family to achieve very low output noise with an initial voltage accuracy of 0.05%. The ISL71091SEH devices provide industry leading voltage accuracy as well, +/-0.15% over temperature (-55ºC to +125ºC) and +/-0.25% ionizing radiation.
The ISL71091SEH devices, available in the smallest surface mount leaded package available, also reduce overall solution size. Sinking capability on chip eliminates the need for buffering, which reduces system complexity while also increasing overall system accuracy.
"With the addition of the ISL71091SEH devices to our voltage reference family, Intersil now offers the most voltage options on the market for rad hard applications," said Philip Chesley, vice president of Precision Products for Intersil. "The ISL71091SEH family is ideal for high-end instrumentation, data acquisition, and processing applications requiring high DC precision where low noise performance is critical."
Features and Specifications
- ISL71091SEHVF40: 4.096V with an input voltage range from 6 to 30V, typical 6.2µVp-p 0.1Hz to 10Hz and 6.6µVrms 10Hz to 1kHz output noise with an initial voltage accuracy of 0.05%
- ISL71091SEHVF33: 3.3V with an input voltage range from 4.6 to 30V, typical 5.2µVp-p (3.3Vout) 0.1Hz to 10Hz noise with an initial voltage accuracy of 0.05%
- ISL71091SEHVF20: 2.048V with an input voltage range from 4.2 to 30V, typical 3.8µVp-p 0.1Hz to 10Hz and 3.4µVrms 10Hz to 1kHz output noise with an initial voltage accuracy of 0.05%
- ISL71091SEHVF10: 10V with an wide input voltage range from 12 to 30V, typical 14.8µVp-p 0.1Hz to 10Hz and 14.7µVrms 10Hz to 1kHz output noise with an initial voltage accuracy of 0.05%
- Industry leading voltage accuracy: +/-0.15% over temperature (-55C to +125C) and +/-0.25% ionizing radiation (50krad(Si) low dose rate, 100krad(Si) high dose rate)
- Provides a very low temperature coefficient of 6ppm/ºC and has excellent line and load regulation to ensure accuracy is maintained over variations in input voltage and load current.
- Sources 10mA and sinks 5mA
Pricing and Availability
The ISL71091SEH voltage references (4.096V, 3.3V, 2.048V and 10V) are available now in a compact 8-lead flatpack. Evaluation boards are available to support each voltage option, including the ISL71091SEH12EV1Z and the ISL71091SEH25EV1Z.
For more information about the ISL7109SEH voltage references, please visit: http://www.intersil.com/en/products/space-and-harsh-environment/rad-hard-products/isl71091-voltage-reference-family.html.
Intersil and the Intersil logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intersil Corporation. All other brands, product names and marks are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks used to identify products or services of their respective owners.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.