Renesas Synergy™ Target Board Kit TB-S3A6
Synergy Target Board Kits provide an inexpensive entry point to evaluation, prototyping and developing for the Synergy family of MCUs. The boards provide pin headers that allow access to the MCU signals, as well as several on-board peripherals.
This target board showcases the Synergy S3A6 group of MCUs using a LQFP100 package. It is supported by the e² studio ISDE from Renesas as well as the IAR Embedded Workbench® for Renesas Synergy™.
- From S3A6 MCU Group
- 48MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU
- 32 KB on-chip SRAM
- 256 KB on-chip code flash memory
- 8 KB on-chip data flash memory
- 100-pin Quad Flat Package
S3A6 Target Board Kit
- Pin-headers provide access to all signals of the microcontroller
- On board Segger J-Link® debugger
- Main power input of 5V from Debug USB connector, optional 3.3V from header pins
- Jumper providing options for MCU main power and battery power current monitoring
- Full-Speed USB 2.0 Device port (microB)
- Status LEDs, User LED and user buttons (Capacitive Touch as well as mechanical)
- 10-pin header for optional external debug probe connection
- 32.768kHz RTCC crystal and 12MHz MCU clock crystal
- MCU reset pushbutton
- MCU boot configuration jumper
Supported by Renesas Synergy™ Software Package
- Complete software framework for embedded development qualified against published standard
- Application Frameworks with standardized APIs for system services and MCU peripherals
- Modular ﬂexible architecture that only uses the components your application needs
- ThreadX® RTOS, Libraries, and Stacks like X-Ware™ included
Connect the S3A6 Target Board kit to your PC using the provided USB cable to provide power to the board. Once the kit has powered up the debug status LED (LED2) on the board will turn green to indicate a good connection to the board.
The kit comes pre-loaded with an out-of-box demonstration application that flashes the user LED (LED1) every 0.5 seconds. This application will start executing as soon as the board is powered up.
Before you start creating your own applications for your kit, you need to obtain the latest version of the Synergy Software Package (SSP), as well as the development tools needed to work with it.
If you are new to Synergy development, we encourage you to visit our getting started guides. These guides provide detailed instructions on how to register an account on the Synergy Gallery, obtain a free SSP developer license, and how to download and install all required software and tools.
Once your environment is set up you will find application notes and projects to help you get started with your board on the “Documentation” or “Sample Code” tabs at the top of this page.
PC System Requirements
To use e² studio ISDE or IAR Embedded Workbench® for Renesas Synergy™, ensure that your PC meets the following minimum requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 or Windows® 10 with Intel® Core™ family processor running at 2.0 GHz or higher (or equivalent processor)
- At least 8 GB of system RAM
- At Least 2 GB of free hard drive space
- At least 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Connection to the Internet
|Product Category||Product Name||Issue Date||Description|
|Design data||Renesas Synergy™ Target Board S3A6||Sep.05.17||
1. PDF Schematics
2. Altium Schematic design files
3. Altium Layout design files
4. Manufacturing files (Gerbers, Drill Files, etc)
This product can be ordered from local distribution
|Distributor||Part Number (Ordering Number)|
|Distributor||Part Number (Ordering Number)|
Southeast Asia / Oceania
Part Number (Ordering Number)
For more information about Renesas Synergy™ please visit: www.renesas.com/products/synergy.html
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|