The ISL6255EVAL1Z (QSOP) and ISL6255EVAL2Z (QFN) evaluation kits include all the circuitry needed to demonstrate the capabilities of the ISL6255 lithium-ion battery charger
The ISL6255 is a highly integrated battery charger controller for Li-ion and Li-ion polymer batteries. High efficiency is achieved by a synchronous buck topology and the use of a MOSFET, instead of a diode, for selecting power from the adapter or battery. The low-side MOSFET emulates a diode at light loads to improve the light load efficiency and prevent system bus boosting.
- ±0.5% charge voltage accuracy (-10 °C to +100 °C)
- ±3% accurate input current limit
- ±3% accurate battery charge current limit
- ±25% accurate battery trickle charge current limit (ISL6255A)
- Programmable charge current limit, adapter current limit and charge voltage
- Fixed 300kHz PWM synchronous buck controller with diode emulation at light load
- Output for current drawn from AC adapter
- AC adapter present indicator
- Fast input current limit response
- Input voltage range 7V to 25V
- Supports 2, 3 and 4-cell battery packs
- Up to 17.64V battery voltage set point
- Control adapter power source select MOSFET
- Thermal shutdown
- Aircraft power capable
- DC adapter present indicator
- Battery discharge MOSFET control
- Less than 10µA battery leakage current
- Support pulse charging
- Charge any battery chemistry: Li-ion, NiCd, NiMH, etc.
- Pb-free plus anneal available (RoHS compliant)
- Notebook, desknote and sub-notebook computers
- Personal digital assistants (PDAs)
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.