The ISL94203EVAL1Z is a kit that facilitates testing of the ISL94203 Li-ion battery pack monitor and control ICs. The ISL94203 monitors cell voltage, current and temperature. It converts the cell voltages, pack current, and temperatures to 12-bit digital values, provides cell balance control, and provides complete stand-alone battery pack operation.
The ISL94203 default stand-alone operation can be overridden by an external microcontroller. The PC graphical user interface (GUI) supports the hooks needed to monitor stand alone operation and to demonstrate operation with an external microcontroller.
- Status LEDs monitor RGO, EOC, SD and PSD conditions
- Jumper configuration single or split path applications
- Wakeup push button for "Exit Sleep" control
- FETs off push button for quick all FETs off condition
- Cell balance LEDs for MCB process observation
- PCB layout accommodates "Solder Braid" addition for high current evaluation
- Software enables real time observation and data collection of 14 analog measurements and 27 digital status indicators
- Power tools
- Battery back-up systems
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.