The ISL8202MEVAL1Z evaluation board is designed to demonstrate the performance of the ISL8202M. The board is by default set to be 1.2V output voltage with 1.5MHz switching frequency. Other output voltage values can be easily set by changing the jumper position. Switching frequency can be adjusted by changing the FS pin resistor.
The ISL8202M power module is a single-channel synchronous step-down complete power supply, capable of delivering up to 3A of continuous current. Operating from a single 2.6V to 5.5V input power rail and integrating a controller, power inductor and MOSFETs, ISL8202M can achieve up to 95% conversion efficiency. It also provides fast transient response with excellent loop stability as well as deliver output voltage as low as 0.6V. Switching frequency is also adjustable from 680kHz to 3.5MHz with either external resistor or SYNC clock option. Selectable PFM mode can also be enabled to boost up light-load efficiency to extend battery life. Other features include programmable soft-start, soft-stop, input undervoltage lockout, 100% duty cycle operation, over-temperature, overcurrent/short-circuit with hiccup mode, overvoltage and negative overcurrent protection. It also has a dedicated enable pin and power-good flag that allow for easy system power rails sequencing.
- 2.6V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Adjustable output voltage as low as 0.6V with ±1.6%
- accuracy over line/load/temperature
- Default 1.8MHz current mode control operations
- 680kHz to 3.5MHz resistor adjustable
- External synchronization up to 3.5MHz
- Selectable light-load efficiency mode
- 100% duty cycle LDO mode
- Programmable soft-start and soft-stop output discharge
- Dedicated enable pin and power-good flag
- UVLO, over-temperature, overcurrent, overvoltage and
- negative overcurrent protections
- DC to DC POL power module
- µC/µP, FPGA and DSP power
- Portable equipment
- Battery operated equipment
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.