The ISL91302BIK is a highly efficient, dual or single output, synchronous multiphase buck switching regulator that can deliver up to 5A per phase maximum output current. The ISL91302BIK features four integrated power stages and two controllers. The ISL91302BIK can assign its power stages and controllers to two dual-phase outputs (2+2) or one three-phase and one-phase output (3+1) or one-phase output (4+0). This flexibility allows seamless design-in for a wide range of applications in which dual, triple, or quad-phase outputs are needed, such as CPU and GPU core power mobile applications.
ISL91302BIK integrates low ON-resistance MOSFETs at 2MHz switching frequency, allowing very small external inductors and capacitors to be used. With automatic Diode Emulation and Pulse Skipping modes under light-load conditions, this feature improves efficiency and maximizes battery life. The ISL91302BIK delivers a highly robust power solution through a controller based on the Renesas proprietary Rapid Robust Ripple Regulator (R5) technology, offering tight output accuracy and load regulation, ultra-fast transient response, seamless DCM/CCM transitions, and no required external compensation.
In addition to the standard interrupt, chip enable, and watchdog reset functions, the ISL91302BIK also features four MPIOs and two GPIOs that support SPI, I2C communication protocol, external signal telemetry with an internal ADC, Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS) with selectable slew rates, and various other pin mode functions.
- Dual output 3+1 or 2+2, or single output 4-phase
- 2.7V to 5.5V supply voltage
- 5A per phase output current capability
- Small solution size
- High efficiency (94% peak for 3.3V VIN, 1.8V VOUT, L = 220nH)
- Low IQ in low power mode
- Proprietary control scheme reduces the output capacitor and supports fast load transients (such as 50A/µs per phase)
- Voltage, current, and temperature telemetry through integrated ADC plus auxiliary inputs
- ±0.7% system accuracy, remote voltage sensing
- I2C and SPI programmable output from 0.3V to 2.0V
- Independent Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS) for each output
- Soft-start and fault detection (UV, OV, OC, OT), short-circuit protection
- 4.7mm x 6.3mm 35 ball TFBGA with 0.8mm pin pitch
- Industrial controls and FPGAs
- Computing servers and systems
- Home gateways and appliances