The Battery-less SOTB demonstrator, built using the c2 platform by AND Technology Research, uses the Renesas RE Family’s MCU powered from a Supercap that is charged using a PV panel, negating the need for a battery. The charged Supercap enables the demonstrator to measure Temperature, Humidity, and Light; and sending those readings via BLE to a phone where sensor readings are displayed on a custom application.
- The board runs on harvested energy alone with a Renesas RE Microcontroller featuring integrated energy harvesting control circuitry.
- A supercap is used as the main power storage, enabling the system to be completely charged and discharged repeatedly for years without a battery.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Module is used to send data collected from the sensors to a phone.
- Features a photovoltaic cell used to harvest energy from ambient light.
- Built-in temperature, light, and humidity sensors connected to the SOTB MCU via I2C.
- PMOD Type 2 connector enables the ability to attach additional peripherals
- The AND Technology Research c2 development platform reduces development time by up to 50% and allows for the creation, connection, and deployment of bespoke products quickly.
- Equipped with fully tested software libraries and hardware reference designs, accelerating product development at any stage, reducing time-to-market and minimising development costs.
- Energy Harvesting
- Remote sensing
- Industry 4.0