TOKYO, Japan, September 27, 2013 — Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the results of its early retirement program for employees in Japan, announced on March 28, 2013, with details as follows.
1. Outline of the early retirement program
- Employees of Renesas Electronics Corporation and its subsidiaries in Japan who are both 40 years old or older.
- Expected # of applicants:
- Just over 3,000 applicants
- Application period:
- August 1, 2013 to August 29, 2013 and September 11, 2013 to September 18, 2013
- Retirement date:
- September 30, 2013
- Renesas Electronics will offer special incentives in addition to their retirement payment to employees voluntarily taking early retirement. In addition, outplacement support will be provided through an outside agency for those who request it.
Impact on Renesas Electronics financial forecasts for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014 has not been confirmed. Renesas will announce a revision to its forecast when necessary.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power,and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, infrastructure, and IoT applications that help shape a limitless future.Learn more at renesas.com.Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.