The ISL8240MEVAL3Z and ISL8240MEVAL4Z evaluation boards allow you to easily evaluate the ISL8240M dual 20A/single 40A step-down switching mode DC/DC analog power module. The ISL8240MEVAL3Z evaluation board enables a single output by paralleling two phases to deliver 40A of continuous load current. The ISL8240MEVAL4Z evaluation board is designed for dual 20A output applications. Optionally, this board can easily be converted for 40A single output use.
These evaluation boards show how easy it is to apply the ISL8240M high-power, current-sharing DC/DC analog power module to power-hungry datacom, telecom and FPGA applications. All that is needed for a complete design are the ISL8240M module, a few passive components, and VOUT setting resistors.
- Fully-encapsulated dual step-down switching power supply
- Up to 100W output from a 17mm x 17mm PCB footprint
- Dual 20A or single 40A output
- Up to 94% conversion efficiency
- 4.5V to 20V input voltage range
- 0.6V to 2.5V output voltage range
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy with differential remote sensing
- Output overvoltage, overcurrent and over-temperature protection
- QFN package with exposed leads permits easy probing and visual solder inspection
- Computing, networking and telecom infrastructure equipment
- Industrial and medical equipment
- General purpose point-of-load (POL) power
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.