Annual licenses with an expiration date of one year started!
Select the form of license that suits your pattern of development
You can choose from among the four types of Renesas compiler license listed below for your development.
- Standard edition, Node Locked License
- Standard edition, Floating License
- Professional edition, Node Locked License
- Professional edition, Floating License
These licenses with valid period are intended to support changes in the customer’s development framework over time. They are a supplement to the permanent licenses, which have no limit on the period.
- The licenses for the software are managed on a server, and are available for use on the PCs connected to a network within the range of the number of the licenses.
- Connection with a license server on the network is required.
- The license resides on a client PC for 30 minutes after it is obtained at the start of building. If building has not finished after the 30 minutes have elapsed, the client PC retains the license for another 30 minutes. This cycle is repeated until building is finished.
- To use the license while disconnected from the network that includes the license server, customers can hold the license for a fixed period (as a number of days up to 99). Once the period which has been specified with the client elapses, the held license expires.
Standard and Professional edition
- Standard edition
The C-language specifications that comply with the ANSI standard are supported. These editions provide the essential features for writing programs to run on embedded devices.
- Professional edition
In addition to the features of the Standard editions, these editions provide additional features which help to improve the quality of the customer’s programs and shorten development periods.
For details of the features, refer to here.
Additional features of Professional edition
|Features of the Professional edition||CC-RL||CC-RX||CC-RH|
|Checking of source code against MISRA-C: 2004/2012 rules (Note)
|Detection of stack smashing||✔||✔||✔|
|Enhanced security for dynamic memory management functions||✔||✔||✔|
|Dynamic checking based on dynamic analysis and device information||△||△||△|
✔: Supported △: Support in the next or later editions is under review. - : Support is not planned.
- MISRA C is a set of guidelines developed by a non-profit organization, the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (MISRA), regarding the reliability of software in the C programming language, particularly that for use in the automotive industry. More than 100 rules are set as guidelines regarding code in the C language. These rules are called MISRA C rules.
- "MISRA" and the triangle logo are registered trademarks of HORIBA MIRA Ltd, held on behalf of the MISRA Consortium.
The upgrade licenses are used for upgrading from the Standard to the Professional editions.
The features of the Professional editions become available on registering the license key of the upgrading license while the license of the Standard edition is registered with the license manager.
Note that we do not offer upgrades to floating and annual licenses.
Permanent License and Annual License
- Permanent license
- No limit applies to the period of use for permanent licenses.
- A permanent license is made effective by registering the license key that accompanies the compiler product with a license manager or floating license server.
- Annual license
- An annual license is valid for one year.
The valid period is one year from initial registration with the Renesas Web site of the license acquisition code which accompanies the compiler product.
- This license becomes valid after a license key is acquired by registering the license acquisition code with the Renesas Web site (Note1) and this code is then registered with the license manager or floating license server (Note2) .
- The price of an annual license is lower than that of a permanent license.
- An annual license is valid for one year.
This may help to reduce your total costs, since compiler licenses can be purchased to suit variations in the framework proceeding with development.
- To acquire the license key which is required to use a compiler product, select [Obtaining a Subscription License Key] from the menu shown at left after logging-in to MyRenesas and register the license acquisition code which is included with the compiler product.
- The license key of the acquired annual license becomes usable after you have registered it with the below tools for the management of licenses.
● Node-locked license
License manager V2.00.00 and later versions
● Floating license
Floating license server V2.00.00 and later versions
Applicable compilers and forms of provision
|Applicable MCUs||Compiler name||Product name||IDE|
|RL78||CC-RL||RL78 Family C Compiler Package (without IDE) Standard Edition||e² studio (Note1)
|RL78 Family C Compiler Package (without IDE) Professional Edition||e² studio (Note1)
|C Compiler and IDE for RL78 Family Standard Edition||CS+|
|C Compiler and IDE for RL78 Family Professional Edition||CS+|
|RX||CC-RX||RX Family C/C++ Compiler Package (without IDE) Standard Edition||e² studio (Note1)
|RX Family C/C++ Compiler Package (without IDE) Professional Edition||e² studio (Note1)
|C/C++ Compiler and IDE for RX Family Standard Edition||CS+|
|C/C++ Compiler and IDE for RX Family Professional Edition||CS+|
|RH850||CC-RH||C Compiler and IDE for RH850 Family Standard Edition||CS+|
|C Compiler and IDE for RH850 Family Professional Edition||CS+|
- You need to install e² studio separately.
|Applicable MCUs||Compiler name||Product name|
|RL78||CC-RL||RL78 Family C Compiler Package Professional edition Node-Locked License (permanent): V1 upgrade (Note1)|
|RX||CC-RX||RX Family C/C++ Compiler Package Professional edition Node-Locked License (permanent): V2 upgrade (Note1)|
|RH850||CC-RH||RH850 Family C Compiler Package Professional edition Node-Locked License (permanent): V1 upgrade (Note1)|
- Only node-locked licenses (permanent) are supported for these products; floating and annual licenses are not.
Available versions of compiler license
|Applicable MCUs||Compiler name||Standard and Professional edition||Upgrade License||Floating License||Annual license|
- The Professional editions can be used during a trial period (Note1).
- After the period, the licenses will revert to those for the Standard editions, and the linkage size becomes restricted (Note2).
- The trial period is the 60 days from the day the first build is executed after installing an evaluation edition.
- The linkage size differs with the compiler.
CC-RL: 64 KB or smaller, CC-RX: 128 KB or smaller, CC-RH: 256 KB or smaller