The P9412 is a highly-integrated single-chip wireless power receiver targeted for 30W applications. The device can be configured to receive or transmit an AC power signal through magnetic induction. When the device is configured as a wireless power transmitter, it uses an on-chip full/half-bridge inverter, a PWM generator, and a modulator/demodulator for communication, and a micro-controller to produce an AC power signal to drive external L-C tank and to power a receiver device (Wattshare™).
As a receiver, the P9412 receives an AC power signal from a wireless transmitter, and first converts it into a rectified output voltage, then further divide it in half with the integrated capacitive divider. The output of the capacitive divider can then be used to power devices or supply the charger input in mobile applications. The P9412 features Multiple-Time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory to easily update control firmware and device functions.
The P9412 receiver operates up to 20V out of the integrated LDO and 10V out of the integrated capacitive divider with ultra-accurate current sense capability necessary for high power applications.
The device includes over-temperature and robust over voltage protection. Fault conditions associated with power transfer are managed by an industry-leading 32bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor offering a high level of programmability while consuming extremely low standby power. The processor can also control GPIOs to indicate operating and fault modes. The P9412 is available in an ultra-small WLCSP-81 package.
- Delivers up to 30W as a receiver
- Wattshare up to 6W as a transmitter
- WPC 1.3 compatible
- Supports proprietary fast charging modes with authentication
- 24kB Multiple-time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory
- Full synchronous rectifier with low resistance switches
- High Performance LDO
- Integrated high efficiency capacitive divider
- Embedded 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- Reliable over-voltage clamping
- Best-in-class EMI
- Proprietary Rx-to-Tx modulation/demodulation for Bi- Directional communication
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- WLCSP-81 4.02 × 4.01 mm, 0.4mm pitch package