The evaluation kit for heart rate, oxygen saturation (SpO2) and respiration rate uses Renesas’ highly integrated OB1203 biosensor for reflective photoplethysmography. With the provided algorithm, the kit can determine heart rate, SpO2 and respiration rate. The sensor transmits its data via an I2C interface to an MCU for data analysis and results display. The design incorporates an RL78/G13 16-bit microcontroller as the MCU, an ISL9111 voltage boost converter for battery operation and an OLED display.
- Main Technical Parameters
- Operating voltage: 3.0V (AAA battery * 2)
- Detector module: OB1203 sensor module
- Display module: OLED (Built-in control chip)
- Measurement range: Oxygen saturation: 70%~100%
- Pulse rate: 25bpm ~ 200bpm
- Respiration rate
- Operating temperature: -40 °C ~ 85 °C
- Operating humidity: 5 ~ 99% RH (No condensate water)
- Evaluation Kit Function
- Collects data from Renesas' OB1203 sensor module through I2C communication.
- Calculates the oxygen saturation, pulse rate and respiration rate with algorithm.
- Displays oxygen saturation, pulse rate, respiration rate, and battery level on an OLED.
- An ISL9111 boosts battery voltage to system level.